Main Menu

I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again...

Started by VinceBot, 15 March, 2010, 09:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VinceBot

To all forum members,

It is with a sense of great sadness that I must announce on the 17th of March 2010 I will be leaving the 2000AD forums and my position as System Administrator, as well as my position of web goon at Rebellion - for on the very next day I will be boarding a 747 headed for Australia.

I've had both a great time on these forums, helping you guys out, fixing issues and tweaking features, as well as working at Rebellion and helping with their websites, and I hope this place doesn't go to hell without me.

I don't know if you guys will get a new goon to replace me, or if W3bz will be the one keeping an eye on this place, but to help with moderation we've finally decided to hand some of the responsibility over to a group of volunteer moderators - and they are:

Bolt-01
Emperor
His Lordship rac
House of Usher
Mike Carroll

These guys will be making sure you don't wreck up the place, will be taking out the trash in regards to reported posts, and helping out W3bz and Wake with the current moderation load.

I wish you guys all the best for the future [spoiler]and I'm still here for 3 days so don't go all lord-of-the-flies just yet[/spoiler]

Richmond Clements

You're leaving..? But... but..! What'll we do?

Have fun, it's been nice having you around!

James Stacey

uncle fester

Best of luck VinceBot. Be sure to pop in and say hello once you're plugged back into the mainframe in Oz.

Mikey

All the best Vincebot - perhaps you could bring some back issues for the Mayor?  ;)

Thanks to your steady hand and immensely reasonable approach, the board stayed friendly and online. Now the lunatics have taken over the asylum...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Jim_Campbell

Buggeration! Well, I'll bastard miss you, you fucking cunt.

:-)

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Daveycandlish

You've left it in whose hands?!!

And we all thought Emperor was just a board name... now his Machiavellian plot can be revealed, today the 2000ad forum, tomorrow the world (cue maniacal laughter)

Best wishes Vincebot!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Radbacker

to OZ hey, which side you heading to.  If you happen around the West and end up in Kalgoorlie I'll shout you a coldy at the nearest pub.  Good luck

CU Radbacker

TordelBack

Our very own junta! 

Best of luck, Vince, and thanks for all the good works.

pauljholden

Mike Carroll

Best of luck, VinceBot - it's been a pleasure having you around!

Don't forget to check in on us from time to time!

-- Mike

Now then... [cracking knuckles]... with my new powers of moderatorshipness, I shall embark on a glorious mission to edit everyone posts so that they only say nice things. Also, if I may, bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!

locustsofdeath!

Best to you, Vince!

What a rogue's gallery you've lined up to replace you... :o

IAMTHESYSTEM

Australia's the lucky country so good luck too you VinceBot. May your circuits never rust. :thumbsup: :wave:
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

COMMANDO FORCES

Have a great life VinceBot and thanks for helping keep this place going.

Two things though, what did you do wrong to get sent to the colonies and don't go to Uluru, as it's a radioatctive desert ;)

stacey

buhbye Vincebot we'll miss you round these here parts! Best wishes for the future