Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 27 February, 2020, 10:56:11 PM
as some of you know Ive had a bit of a shit run the last 2 years but life looks to finally be turing round Ive saved my brother's home and care package, Ive got my bills under control and I even found a stupid rare CD set ive been after for 5 years also £60 off because even thro the 6 CD's and one DVD were still sealed the  seal round the set was missing, the set arrived today and the seal was round the outer box so I guess I got a discount because the shop made a mistake. and as a added bonous I caught out my botheres sochil worker being a incompant twat and used evidence to prove how he fucked up and chost my brother £1700 best bit seeing as hes at fault if he cant fix it his deparment will be lible for the money he chost my bother.

Glad to hear it. Yeah, you've had a rough time of it lately - onwards and upwards!

Also,  you'll always be the first person to coin the term 'arsom'.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

Hi Cyberleader! Glad to hear that Fortuna is on the upswing for you. Long may it last!

TordelBack

Good to hear your amazing persistence in the face of shitty events is paying off, CyberLeader - that's the doggedness of the true collector coming through.

Dark Jimbo

Great to hear, CL! Don't let the bastards grind you down!
@jamesfeistdraws

Dandontdare

truly arsomTM news. We shouldn't have to fight tooth and nail with the agencies that are supposed to be supporting us, but so often we do. Glad your brother's doing better and he's lucky to have a good advocate fighting his corner.

And congrats on finding your rare CD - gotta take time out for some personal indulgence to keep yourself sane.

von Boom

Always great to hear when someone succeeds against bureaucracy, CL. Congrats to you on your great work. It sounds like you really earned those CDs.

Cyberleader2000

so yesterday I got hold of a PS2 game for £1 I was not exactly supper excited about it. it looked interesting so I bought it when my mate saw what I got he begged me to trade it as he used to play it a lot as a kid. so I traded him it for this which I'm happy with as ive been after it for a while now but could never find it in good condishion.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paddykafka

I received a copy of "Judge Dredd - Mechanismo: Machine Law" in the post this morning. I had no recollection of ordering it, then remembered that I had entered a competition for it on Facebook some time back. Many thanks to you good folk in Rebellion. You've certainly brightened up my day!

TordelBack

Didn't expect to see this thread back on the front page for a while! Good on ya, Paddy!

I might add to this one while I'm here- my youngest (10) is doing a school project on the Vikings in Dublin, and chose to focus on amber pendants. The very last find from my current excavation, noticed as I was bagging up the final tranche of sieved material on Friday, was a lovely chunk of worked amber fom a Viking-era ditch fill - the first amber I've found for about 25 years. Nice bit of synchronicity, and nice illo for the project.

Bolt-01

Turns out I'm a valid platelet donor! I'm lucky enough to have one of the more sought after blood types so last weekend I made my first donation of a bag of shiny gold.

I know the rest of the world seems to be heading towards chaos, but this really lifted me.

Tiplodocus

I can't do platelets but I did manage to give blood the day before the order to shut pubs. It's such a simple way to do some good. Three or four times a year.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

That's cool.

I used to donate but nobody wants my blood any more - well, except for Jim, of course...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

It rather seems like nothing spectacular has happened to forum members of late- perhaps due to the general malaise and moments of abject horror caused by this pandemic- or maybe because we are now so old and grumpy that "nothing good ever happens".

So- here are two things that might count. Number one, after two years of suffering a frozen shoulder and the agony that has entailed, my wife has just messaged me from the hospital to say she has awoken from the general anaesthetic, did not die, and has been successfully operated on.

And number two, as I mentioned in the "what we are reading" thread, I was on the verge of signing up for a course in paleoanthropology. I have now signed up for that course. I am starting in September. It's only a ten week online thing, but I am ridiculously excited. And obviously, ridiculously poorer than I was ten minutes ago. But you know what? It's worth it.

SBT

von Boom

Fantastic news SBT on both counts! Congrats!