Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Life is sometimes sort of okay because...  (Read 320128 times)

wedgeski

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Re: Life is sometimes sort of okay because...
« Reply #2565 on: 20 July, 2022, 09:17:27 AM »
Congratulations, Pops!

I'm no stranger to post-exam middle-of-the-night panics. Despite the immense anxiety I endured getting my degree, it's the good old maths A-Level that does it for me. In one recurring dream, it's the morning of the exam and I suddenly realise I've not attended any of the classes or done any of the work. What dream-me was actually doing for those two years I have no idea.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: 22 July, 2022, 02:05:42 PM »
Didn't know where else to put this, so. Today I've been working in a client's flat, and while he went off for some much-needed rest, I had a nosey through the stack of mags and books under his coffee table.

And there it was- a tatty old copy of the 1986 Sci-Fi Special ('Here's Looking At You, Juve!' cover by John Higgins).

My own copy hasn't seen the light of day for many a year, being bagged and boarded and stored in the box reserved for specials and empemera, so I had a quick read.

Rogue Trooper: The Fanatics, by Milligan and Ortiz!
Stronty: Papa Por-ka reprint from Star Lord!
Dredd: Beyond The Wall- one of my absolute favourite one-episode Dredds!

And The Man Who Couldn't Die, by "O.A. Stepaniuk" (who dat?)  and David Pugh. Now, that's a story I'd think would benefit from a reprint in a floppy. Great stuff.

Sometimes the world throws progs at you when you least expect it.

SBT

paddykafka

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: 22 July, 2022, 02:27:53 PM »
Well done and congrats to you, Mister Pops. A great achievement on your part. Onwards and upwards, as they say!

sheridan

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #2568 on: 22 July, 2022, 03:36:58 PM »
And The Man Who Couldn't Die, by "O.A. Stepaniuk" (who dat?)  and David Pugh. Now, that's a story I'd think would benefit from a reprint in a floppy. Great stuff.

Dunno, but they did a smattering of other stuff for Tharg