Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

You may quote me on that.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: pops1983 on 17 October, 2011, 10:37:54 PM
Quantum Levitation

Well I now know how their going to levitate the trains in the future. Wacky but impressive.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

The Legendary Shark

The first direct image of a planet in the process of forming around its star has been captured by astronomers who combined the power of the 10-meter Keck telescopes with a bit of optical sleight of hand. (PhysOrg.com)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

O Lucky Stevie!

Arthuhttp://io9.com/5848192/giant-prehistoric-krakens-may-have-sculpted-self+portraits-using-ichthyosaur-bones

No doubt Tordelback will be along in a moment to point out that it's  generally agreed in archaeological circles that the very earliest self-depictions amongst hominids were for the purposes of, er, um, ...gratification as it were. So if there is something similar going on here we could be looking at the very first instance of hentai.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

The Legendary Shark

That's brilliant, Stevie. Pat Mills should be told...

All I have today is a flying jeep:

It might look like something out of a Marvel comic but this flying jeep is close to becoming a reality.

According to insiders at the military's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the first model of this futuristic vehicle will be ready at the end of next year.

It is designed to be capable of driving across the roughest terrain like a jeep, sustain gun fire and take off and land at the flick of a switch.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

M.I.K.

Cat brain? I can't see that ending well...

The Legendary Shark

Seeing crepuscular rays on Earth is a somewhat rare event, as conditions have to be just right at either sunset or sunrise for the Sun's rays to appear as though they are diverging outward from the Sun. But seeing them from space is even more rare...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Just In: NASA's Latest Image of Asteroid 2005 YU55

NASA's Deep Space Network antenna in Goldstone, California has captured new radar images of Asteroid 2005 YU55 as it begins its close pass by Earth...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Looks like something from an early nineties Lucasarts game.

O Lucky Stevie!

Stevie would have picked it as a low-res enlargement of Jared's avatar.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

The Legendary Shark

...it gives us images of our beautiful star:

The Sun on 11/11/11 from the Solar Dynamics Observatory Spacecraft.

The Sun at 11:11 UTC on 11/11/11 in a different wavelength. Credit: NASA
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mikey

I saw this and thought of this thread...

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.