Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 04 April, 2012, 07:23:00 PM
"NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory captured this video on March 27 – 28 of two large areas of "dark" plasma on the Sun's limb, twisting and spiraling in our star's complex magnetic field. The southern region bears an uncanny resemblance to three figures swaying to some spooky, unheard music... a real "danse macabre" on the Sun!"

It looks like plasmonsters fighting, to me!

Looks like a dance interpretation from Pans People to me
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

TordelBack

Quote from: SpetsnaZ99 on 05 April, 2012, 08:28:05 AM
Looks like a dance interpretation from Pans People to me

I squinted and squinted but couldn't see any diaphonously revealed lady equipment.  May explain exhortations not to stare at the sun. 

Spikes

You should have used a telescope Tordel, not only will you get a clearer view, but youll also only have to use one hand to operate it, leaving the other hand free  ;)

Emperor

Quote from: vzzbux on 04 April, 2012, 10:44:36 PM
The resurrection of the Mammoth maybe.
Caught the end of the bbc programme earlier.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01fkcdr

I enjoyed that, well worth a full watch, it is just a pity the fancy frozen mammoth was found towards the end of filming, and science, inconveniently, takes a while.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

Damn Sovs:

Russia creating radiation gun to turn people into 'zombies'

QuoteRussian President Vladimir Putin has confirmed that the country is developing an electromagnetic gun that attacks a person's central nervous system, leaving the target in a brief zombie-like state.

Plans to introduce the weapon were announced last week by Russian Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukoy who said "when it was used for dispersing a crowd and it was focused on a man, his body temperature went up immediately as if he was thrown into a frying pan. We know very little about this weapon, and even special-forces guys can hardly cope with it."

The weapon uses electromagnetic radiation like that found in microwave ovens, and, according to the UK Mail Online, Putin plans to use the guns "for achieving political and strategic goals."
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

The Legendary Shark

No substitute for a good blaster at your side.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Emperor

Google's Project Glass:

http://youtu.be/9c6W4CCU9M4

QuoteGoogle has revealed details of its research into augmented reality glasses.

It posted a brief introduction to Project Glass, photos and a concept video at its Google+ social network.

The images show a minimalist design with a microphone and partly-transparent video screen that places information over the view from the users' right eye.

There had been lots of speculation about the project with some reports describing it as an "open secret", but this is the first time Google has confirmed details of what it was working on.

The New York Times had previously suggested that the first set of glasses would go on sale before the end of the year for somewhere between $250-$600 (£157-£378) - but experts say that the technology shown in the video may still be some way off being ready for market.

Google may have competition if it works out how to shrink the electronics involved.

In 2008, Apple patented a laser-based "head mounted display system" that it suggested could stream video from its iPod among other features.

More recently, Patent Bolt revealed that Sony and Microsoft have patented ideas to create miniature displays to go over users' eyes.

They were described as being suitable for "gaming and beyond".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17618495

There already seem to be some prototypes out there being tested.

Of course, some people are already taking the piss:

http://youtu.be/t3TAOYXT840
http://youtu.be/_mRF0rBXIeg

JayzusB.Christ

It's a freaking Sony Headcase! Sign me up.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Cyberleader2000

I just notised that my post count is 666 I feal that this vid sums up my thorts about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ucZsJQxbQ

sorie for this lame post but it was a spechil number and I throt that no one elses had praobley done a joke when they hit this number.
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

I, Cosh

Quote from: Emperor on 05 April, 2012, 05:06:07 PM
Quote from: vzzbux on 04 April, 2012, 10:44:36 PM
The resurrection of the Mammoth maybe.
Caught the end of the bbc programme earlier.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01fkcdr
I enjoyed that, well worth a full watch, it is just a pity the fancy frozen mammoth was found towards the end of filming, and science, inconveniently, takes a while.
Now it doesn't make it any less awesome, but the Russians have been going on about this for years. I have a distinct memory of being about 8 or 9 and seeing a story (probably on Newsround) about someone having dug up a perfectly preserved baby mammoth from the permafrost and how they dreamed of either kickstarting it or using the tissue to make new ones out of elephants.
We never really die.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Cyberleader2000 on 17 April, 2012, 08:05:43 PM
I just notised that my post count is 666...

[Revelation 13:18] Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. (666)

Carbon Atom: Atomic Number 6; Protons 6; Neutrons 6. (666)

Dun dun duuuunnnn. (Or, more precisely, yawn, yawn yaaawwwwnnnn). Nice coincidence for use in an Indigo Prime story, though.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 17 April, 2012, 10:17:10 PM
Carbon Atom: Atomic Number 6; Protons 6; Neutrons 6. (666)

Those first two are the same thing.  So maybe 66? 

Anyway, look no further for "the number of a man" than a bloke called CyberLeader2000.

The Legendary Shark

Where to find that last 6, then? "Carbon is the sixth most abundant element in the universe." How's that? ;)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Fourth most abundant. 

How about if you take the half-life of Carbon14 (5730 years), express it in millennia (5.73 millennia), then add the whole numbers on either side of the decimal point (5 +.(7+3)) and OMFG! 6!