Main Menu

Science is Drokking Fantastic Because...

Started by The Legendary Shark, 21 July, 2011, 11:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

von Boom

I didn't think of it like that. It's like the photo is bookending the entire shuttle program. Sad.

TordelBack

Endeavour's final journey is a sad business, but more because the shuttle was a beautiful, lethal, white elephant from start to finish, and because there's still no decent replacement programme.  However, the glorious photos above it in this thread show that human exploration of space marches on an at ever-increasing pace, even as manned spaceflight (in Baxter's phrase 'the plumbing problem') struggles for direction. 

A recent trip to Armagh's fabulous planetarium with the son was a revelation of just how much we've learnt since I was there as a boy: 67 moons for Jupiter, as opposed to the 20 in my day!  800 exo-planets over precisely zero:o

Thanks for all that, Pops.

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Judge von Boom on 27 September, 2012, 08:52:38 PM
I didn't think of it like that. It's like the photo is bookending the entire shuttle program. Sad.

At least they had a run, unlike Buran - one remote controlled orbit around Earth a few times and then mothballed. What a waste!

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Judge von Boom on 27 September, 2012, 02:28:08 PM
It reminds me of the Buran floating down the Rhine to become a amusement ride in Gorky Park.

JG Balllard was an optimist.

FTFY
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TordelBack

Quote from: Mikey on 28 September, 2012, 10:58:53 AM
Oh yeah.

Rocks is good

Now that is Drokkin' Fantastic.  Someone give that little droid a lube-job.

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

TordelBack

Definitely Not Mister Pops

This isn't real, it's some sort of artistic interpretation, but I like it:

You may quote me on that.

JOE SOAP

Gonk

coming at a cinema near you soon

Spikes

Perhaps it answers Yes or No, depending on what question you ask it. Ill start the ball rolling then..

Is Jimmy Savile innocent?

Will Dredd get a sequel?

Frank

Spikes

Just been watching this on the live feed. Exciting stuff!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I dunno, I thought the helmet was too big ;)
You may quote me on that.