Main Menu

The GFD

Started by Jimmy Baker's Assistant, 10 December, 2011, 07:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

So now Prog 2012 is out it's been a year since Gerry Finley-Day's triumphant comeback.

It was a great Rogue Trooper one-shot, that should have led to a series, but then neither Rogue nor GFD reappeared in 2011 (unless I missed it).

What happened?

O Lucky Stevie!

As it turns out, Stevie asked Pat Mills about this very thing the other week on Facebook

Quote from: Pat MillsNo nothing at the moment. I keep nagging him to do something more - like another Fiends. He'd do such a great job, compared to that recent remake. They should always stick to the same director

It's a shame that GFD won't be  up for the anniversary prog, considering that it was the template he established on Tammy in the early 70s that Mills applied to Battle, Action & 2000ad.

Perhaps if we directed overwhelming waves of enthusiasm at both Thargs (Hartnell Mills & Smith) this might spur the old warrior once more over the top.

A Fiends of the Eastern Front / Slaves of War Orphan Farm crossover anyone?

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Thanks Stevie!

So it seems Gerry is just not being bothered. I know that feeling!

Totally agree with Pat Mills that his friend should do another Fiends. With the best will in the world, and even allowing for the incredible MacNeil art, Fiends 2 was crap. A proper GFD sequel is definitely called for.

Come on Tharg, don't let these old script droids retire so easily...