Main Menu

Y'know what really grinds my gears?

Started by Link Prime, 12 April, 2014, 01:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

This thread really cheers me up, thanks chaps.
DDT did a job on me

Satanist

Lanky pensioners from Edinburgh who go to the pub bog and never return so you are left worrying about their wellbeing/beer money...Grrr!!!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

von Boom

Mums with those oversized prams who come up and park the damned thing behind you while you're distracted and then get all sarky when you turn around and walk into the fecking thing. Use yer fecking heads.

JPMaybe

Quote from: JamesC on 04 March, 2015, 06:42:38 PM
I don't like that Space song because they say 'more deadlier'.

On this subject, people using more with a comparative.  When I'm talking to my highly educated, PhD Physicist boss and he says "more easier" or something similar, I have to grit my teeth and mentally count to ten.
Quote from: Butch on 17 January, 2015, 04:47:33 PM
Judge Death is a serial killer who got turned into a zombie when he met two witches in the woods one day...Judge Death is his real name.
-Butch on Judge Death's powers of helmet generation

von Boom

Project managers that ask for a minute of your time just as you're heading out to lunch, then proceed to drone on for 30-40 minutes. Guess who misses lunch and guess who takes a late lunch. Grrrrrrrr.

Edit: And there's no sugar in the cupboard for my tea.

gurnard

Quotehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ZTrXAxZ-g

based upon the perfectly sound and multi-generational rationale that if you are visibly trying to be cool you never will be,

bear, that is a fantastic vid, and got to agree with that definition of cool.

The Legendary Shark

"Can I have a minute of your time?"
"Sure, they're sixty quid each. Would you like the full minute or just a few seconds?"
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Quote from: gurnard on 06 March, 2015, 12:43:39 PM
Quotehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_ZTrXAxZ-g

based upon the perfectly sound and multi-generational rationale that if you are visibly trying to be cool you never will be,

bear, that is a fantastic vid, and got to agree with that definition of cool.

Those two lads are amongst the most intelligent voices in Irish culture at the moment. Faint praise perhaps, but well earned.

radiator

I'll admit, that is pretty amusing. It reminds me a bit of that 'Being a Dickhead's Cool' song that was doing the rounds a few years ago. Funny also, but a little cruel.

Banners

To go back to the subject of cycling...

This morning we were waiting at a manual Stop/Go sign for ages whilst they were repainting the white lines, the sign evidently manned by a soporific bloke who was either asleep or suffering with history's biggest ever hangover. Then, a bit further on, our road ahead was blocked without any diversion signs in place. Unable to get a GPS signal and on unfamiliar ground, we proceeded to get lost along various narrow, winding country lanes.

Then we got stuck behind not one, two nor even three cyclists – but a whole fucking peloton of maybe 40-50 riders. For 20 minutes. I applaud their wonderful hobby and salute their camaraderie and commitment in getting up on a wet and cold Sunday morning. But is it really fair, sensible or safe to make a dozen cars queue up behind for so long when then are quite obviously no safe overtaking opportunities?

And when we finally did get to a main road and I eventually overtook them (not without risk – bear in mind, this peloton was far longer than any lorry one might usually need to pass), not one of the fuckers even waved.

JamesC

I had to go into work yesterday morning for a couple of hours. Sunday is when the cyclists are out in force around here. I got stuck behind a group of riders going two abreast on a main city road. I guess they thought it was okay to do that on a fairly quiet Sunday morning.

The Legendary Shark

I have no problem with a lump of cyclists taking up the same amount of room as a slow moving car or tractor - it's when they take up more space than a convoy of artics I get grumpy.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Theblazeuk

Quote from: Banners on 08 March, 2015, 11:05:07 PM
To go back to the subject of cycling...

Unable to get a GPS signal and on unfamiliar ground, we proceeded to get lost along various narrow, winding country lanes....

Then we got stuck behind not one, two nor even three cyclists – but a whole fucking peloton of maybe 40-50 riders....

not one of the fuckers even waved

Chinese proverb say lost man may have gone through a route of organised bike ride, routed via said lanes because would never normally be used? Often they are hard to spot unless they are one of the major, major ones due to a reliance on quiet roads over signposting/marshalling.

As for the waving, I make a point to wave thanks to cars at all opportunities :) . Just because the rules say they should give way if I'm on the main road/not undertake me/I'm at a crossing/on a roundabout/etc, they are still behind a machine that can easily maim or kill me, so it's very nice when they're just driving like I exist, even if they're not doing anything particularly nice.

Professor Bear

I haven't cycled in years, but I always loved those drivers who think they need to accelerate like a motherfucker to overtake someone going 15 miles an hour.