Main Menu

Forbidden Planet. Belfast

Started by BPP, 01 August, 2014, 01:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

Anyone else have a pull list here? Get the insane letter? Think I'm just about done with supporting my LCS.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dandontdare

The Enigmatic Dr X

Yeah. Tell me more, tell me more - have they asked for more dosh?
Lock up your spoons!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 01 August, 2014, 08:39:32 PM
Tell me more, tell me more - have they asked for more dosh?

Tell me more, tell me more — were they having a josh?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 01 August, 2014, 08:41:42 PM
Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 01 August, 2014, 08:39:32 PM
Tell me more, tell me more - have they asked for more dosh?

Tell me more, tell me more — were they having a josh?

Uh-huh, doo doo, uh-huh, doo doo, uh-huh, doo doo, doo doo doo

BPP

Instead of keeping stuff aside for you they want a contractual obligation to purchase.

This is a shop charging over the odds for US comics (3.50 GBP for IDW 2000ad stuff) who frequently fuck up orders. The have one great staff member, the rest are completely disinterested in comics and customers.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

ZenArcade

C'mon BPP it's a great shop shoo wop, shop shoo wop. Ok on a more serious note I tend to get the prog and meg there, there are a few deeving experiences on the odd Wed when they don't have the prog in.
Like many other FP franchises, they tend to have staff who don't share our love of the medium. On the other hand they do have a couple of damn good guys down there. I got this years FCBD 2000AD a week or so after the event from one of the guys in a plastic pouch and a board. Was well impressed. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: BPP on 01 August, 2014, 09:16:51 PM

Wella Wella Well

Instead of keeping stuff aside for you they want a contractual obligation to purchase.

This is a shop charging over the odds for US comics (3.50 GBP for IDW 2000ad stuff) who frequently fuck up orders. The have one great staff member, the rest are completely disinterested in comics and customers.

Ftfy
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

It doesn't seem too ott though. Must be annoying to have unfulfilled orders.

Edit: why order if you're not buying?
Lock up your spoons!

Professor Bear

Quote from: BPP on 01 August, 2014, 09:16:51 PM

As a customer who regularly finds books haven't been kept or unwanted titles added to my pull list, I think a contract to supply what is asked for is a great idea, as contracts work both ways.
The obvious problem is that FP will have to deliver on their end, but last I checked they still had to use Diamond Distributors like everybody else, and this strikes me as far more problematic in the long term than disinterested staff.

The Enigmatic Dr X

New regulations came into force in July (in mainland UK anyway but probably NI too) that allow for the cNcellation of contracts by consumers without payment, unless fairly strict criteria are met. It's maybe a reaction to that, as they will worry about getting in comics they cannot sell.
Lock up your spoons!

ZenArcade

Of course your'e welcome to the Belfast 2000AD Discussion group meeting (12 August, 8pm, Lobby Bar, Europa) to give a brief summation/diatribe on FP Belfast, I do stress 'brief', there will be much else to discuss. Z

NSFTM

i haven't been in FP in Belfast in years.. is it still ran by the guy who used to run Talisman? he was always pretty good and he knew his stuff.

its no dark horizons, or that comic stall up in the antique dealers on  Donegall pass :)
It Could Be That The Sole Purpose Of Your Life Is To Serve As A Warning To Others

ZenArcade

Yep the same, Talisman was a great spot, bought a lot of stuff in there....ah those were the days. Z

ZenArcade

Atomic Comics is a quare spot, Jim's a top lad. Z