Main Menu

Are there bigger issues in the WH40K Universe?

Started by I, Cosh, 01 February, 2017, 12:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Seems PETA's corporate projects manager has finally engaged with one of the biggest offenders in the world of fantasy wargaming.

An open letter to Games Workshop.
We never really die.

TordelBack

As with most of PETA's campaigns, this is just pure here-have-you-seen-this-nonsense click-bait aimed at pushing brand awareness rather than addressing issues, and almost certainly the brainchild of a results-linked ad/media contractor. Works though, 'cos here we are.

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 01 February, 2017, 01:06:29 PM
almost certainly the brainchild of a results-linked ad/media contractor.

And a bloody good one!
I thought the letter was quite tongue-in-cheek and amusing, although no doubt some fruit loops will take the cause seriously.

They'll be having a go at Joe Pineapples' thong next.

Greg M.

I recall the time they asked Judas Priest to rename one of their songs "Hellbent for Pleather."

Satanist

Well if it 40k does convince some spotty nerd to buy a fur coat and dress up like a cosplaying 50 cent that's something I'd want to see.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Steve Green

They did something similar with a Nintendo furry onesie/costume a couple of years ago.

Maybe we should point them in the direction of Slaine.

Satanist

Quote from: Steve Green on 01 February, 2017, 02:35:21 PM
They did something similar with a Nintendo furry onesie/costume a couple of years ago.

PETA also set about Nintendo regards teaching children to enslave animals and forcing them to fight. You can play their version here...

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Suede1971

There is dogs getting killed in pit fighting and all they care about is sculpted fur on plastic models, talk about priorities.

Games workshops response was kinda funny though

https://regimental-standard.com/2017/02/08/fur-the-emperor/

sheridan

Quote from: Suede1971 on 02 March, 2017, 04:46:08 PM
There is dogs getting killed in pit fighting and all they care about is sculpted fur on plastic models, talk about priorities.

Not sure that's by Games Workshop, but amusing enough anyway!

O Lucky Stevie!

On a similar note, PETA have asked iconic Australian band Hunters & Collectors, who took their name from a Can song, to change their name.

Reaction to the jolly jape has not been positive & may in fact be detrimental to the perception of PETA among the general public here in Australia.

Anybody who has worked in customer service can tell you that bad publicity is no way way better than no publicity
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Suede1971

Quote from: sheridan on 02 March, 2017, 08:59:20 PM
Quote from: Suede1971 on 02 March, 2017, 04:46:08 PM

Not sure that's by Games Workshop, but amusing enough anyway!

its one of there sister sites i think run by some of their editors.

its said PETA kills a vast majority of the animals in their care too as far as i know, they should protest against themselves.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: TordelBack on 01 February, 2017, 01:06:29 PM
As with most of PETA's campaigns, this is just pure here-have-you-seen-this-nonsense click-bait aimed at pushing brand awareness rather than addressing issues, and almost certainly the brainchild of a results-linked ad/media contractor. Works though, 'cos here we are.

Indeed. They can be twunts.  But that's no reason people shouldn't stop killing and enslaving animals just for personal choice and convenience.  (I appreciate some of you  have health conditions that make this very hard)
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dog Deever

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 09 March, 2017, 01:03:04 PM
But that's no reason people shouldn't stop killing and enslaving animals just for personal choice and convenience.  (I appreciate some of you  have health conditions that make this very hard)

I shouldn't laugh, but that's fucking hilarious Tips- you should do stand-up or something...
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.