Main Menu

Friday chat - what's happening with you?

Started by Bolt-01, 30 August, 2019, 08:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 30 August, 2019, 05:07:40 PM
Spending every other weekend in Liverpool with my current partner, no, it isn't. They're every fucking where.

They even made it into Invasion!

TordelBack

shaolin_monkey

Going to the cinema shortly to see Predator on the big screen.

Hopefully a lie in tomorrow, then harp practise (long overdue), followed by a mate's housewarming party.

Try and shake off the hangover on Sunday so I'm able to start the first module of a course on the science of climate change from Prof. Michael E Mann.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 30 August, 2019, 04:40:27 PM
It's the annual pilgrimage to see Kings of Leon (my girlfriend's favourite band) so just arrived in Liverpool and picked up the new Corto Maltese collection in the comic shop right round the corner from the station.

Potential soaking at the concert tonight then a bit of Tate gallery action and ambling around tomorrow while trying to avoid anything related to the Bloody Beatles

Oh that must be World's Apart which I believe is still at its 'new' location... well it moved after I largely finished using it to its current location about ...gulp... 25 years ago! I try to pop in whenever I'm Liverpool way.

Oh and trying to avoid the Beatles in Liverpool is both futile and pointless, they are great after all.

Tiplodocus

Laundry. And fixing a leaking toilet and a blocked shower.

Mundane chores? Yes, but I am just back from holiday.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Fungus

Painting a commission tomorrow, my first (paid) ever. Sold 3 paintings at the exhibition last week and am delivering one tomorrow - the commission a direct result of one. It beats working. Hand 3 others into another exhibition Sunday. It's that time of year - apparently.

Work turned to crap and very nearly meant Friday night and weekend turned into Disaster Recovery. But narrowly dodged that bullet. Work sucks, art doesn't. Hm.

Funt Solo

Well, it's still Friday here.  Planning on getting back onto my catch-up with the comic - I've just started prog 1912 for the first time - Sisters of Death are back on the manner!

Last weekend before school starts back up, so trying to come up with a plan for that and then will be weeping copiously into my cornflakes about having to shelve my nerd hobbies a bit more in favor of grading.

Also, had to put my dog down today, so that was fairly awful and so figuring out how to cope with grief stages around that.

Got turned onto Limmy's Show, which can be hit and miss.  I don't know if you need to know Glasgow well to really get it but Dee Dee's trip to Yoker had me enthralled.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Buttonman

Cultural highlight for me will be attending the Rangers v Celtic game on Sunday.

TordelBack

Very sorry to hear about your dog, Funt. Always a deeply upsetting thing, cut yourself plenty of slack while dealing with it.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Fungus on 31 August, 2019, 01:17:53 AM
Painting a commission tomorrow, my first (paid) ever. Sold 3 paintings at the exhibition last week and am delivering one tomorrow - the commission a direct result of one. It beats working. Hand 3 others into another exhibition Sunday. It's that time of year - apparently.

Nice one Fungus, congratulations!

Quote from: Funt Solo on 31 August, 2019, 06:01:55 AM
Also, had to put my dog down today, so that was fairly awful and so figuring out how to cope with grief stages around that.

Sorry to hear that Funt, always hurts to lose a doggy companion (PS - I don't know about hit and miss - I've yet to crack a smile at anything I've seen of Limmy))

Frank

Quote from: Funt Solo on 31 August, 2019, 06:01:55 AM
Got turned onto Limmy's Show, which can be hit and miss.  I don't know if you need to know Glasgow well to really get it but Dee Dee's trip to Yoker had me enthralled.

Like Dee Dee, Yoker is a foreign and exotic land to me, but that sketch's still hilarious. I once made the mistake of trying to explain it to a workmate and the tumbleweed was deafening, though.

Maybe Dan would have better luck with the more universal sillyness of Joggers or the still-whimsical but less culturally specific Wrong Way Down A One-Way Street*

* Everybody's done that, right? You're in the shower and come up with a phrase that sounds good sung like Springsteen or Britney but can't turn it into a song. Everybody does that, right?

Angry Vince

Flew down with my son to visit my mum and dad - he (dad) just received a civic award for service to the community. Was great to see the presentation - a lot more pomp etc to it than what I was expecting.

And on the same day I missed the funeral of a former boss (who I'd known for 20 years), died at 54 of mental illness.
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Rara Avis

Finished up with my job yesterday and was supposed to go for a few drinks last night but I've come down with a dreadful headcold. Going to take it easy this weekend (no other choice really). I did manage to bingewatch Godless since yesterday though - damn that was good.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Rara Avis on 31 August, 2019, 01:15:04 PM
I did manage to bingewatch Godless since yesterday though - damn that was good.

Isn't it? I may have to watch it again sometime very soon.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Rara Avis

It's just perfect from start to finish. Jeff Bridges is mesmerising - really made me think of the Judge from Blood Meridian. Loved it!!!