Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2022

Started by Dash Decent, 20 July, 2021, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 October, 2021, 01:04:51 PM
2000 AD's Facebook droid says: "It will be a collection of those, but with further updates, corrections etc."

Never thing to go there to ask (2000ad Facebook) really should start to do that more. Either way its good news they've played with it and look forward to seeing the results.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Tomwe on 08 October, 2021, 12:10:22 PM
Yes how hard must it be to design these things with the copy in mind. Anderson and Death getting lost to the back copy as well.

I'm thinking that's Judge Marshal Meta Lawson on the back there, as Anderson is on the front riding the Lawmaster. Fantastic cover!

Tomwe

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 08 October, 2021, 03:27:29 PM
Quote from: Tomwe on 08 October, 2021, 12:10:22 PM
Yes how hard must it be to design these things with the copy in mind. Anderson and Death getting lost to the back copy as well.

I'm thinking that's Judge Marshal Meta Lawson on the back there, as Anderson is on the front riding the Lawmaster. Fantastic cover!
i stand corrected! Good spot.

broodblik

Cover for the 2000 AD Encyclopedia:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tomwe

I've been thinking about the encyclopaedia, and how much my son loves the Marvel equivalent or even just the books on animals etc. It's non-fiction reading about fiction? Anyway, he loves that stuff so I have high hopes that a book with such a delicious cover will fly off the shelves when it's released.

Colin YNWA

I know very little about Karl the Viking but just looking at that cover I strongly suspect I'll be getting this.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 14 October, 2021, 09:23:44 AM
I know very little about Karl the Viking but just looking at that cover I strongly suspect I'll be getting this.

Mmm, me too! Seriously eye-catching
@jamesfeistdraws

broodblik

Colin YNWA

Don't think we're heard this. Fifth book of Brink in 2022 to be called Mercury Retrograde.

From Sam Morgan's video channel, he's the one who does FLSUB and has yellow scissors and what not. Nice little Brink section from a QnA he did

https://youtu.be/DC0nBqQo0Ks

broodblik

Thx for that Colin, in the letters page of prog 2252 Tharg mentioned that this will be released early next year.

broodblik

The 45th anniversary prog (2270) coming Feb next year and details related to a special Dredd story:

https://2000ad.com/news/john-wagner-returns-to-judge-dredd-for-45th-anniversary-with-the-citadel/

Anthony Garnon

A new epic? 128 page GN (unless it's coupled with other stories) would imply a 20-parter...!

Colin YNWA

Looks very good. The fact that the trade is 128 pages might include lots of lovely back matter - but yeah either way it sounds like it'll be a long un. Which with John Wagner and Dan Cornwell will be a delight!

Can't wait.

broodblik

The Dredd story is going to be a 10-part story. This is from an interview with John.

It was also mentioned that Brink will be back early next year so hopefully it will be part of the anniversary prog.