Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Junker vs Hondo-City Justice Rd 1 Heat 51

Started by Colin YNWA, 07 December, 2021, 06:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: davidbishop on 08 December, 2021, 01:14:01 PM
I edited the scripts for Junker to help out the 2000AD team as one of my first jobs in the House of Tharg. Spent the first few episodes thinking it was a wry satire of terrible space opera narratives. Then the space pirates turned up and I realised the writer was trying to be funny.

Some lovely Ridgway art, as ever.

Yes and I still love it for all its broken parts. I might be one off the few on the third rock from the sun but I still would like this to be reprinted.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Last day here and I have to be honest I'm not sure which way this will go, could Junker really make it. Could nice art and the fact that you stick in folks mind enough to get it through. You have today to decide.

JayzusB.Christ

Hondo City - action-packed if fairly forgettable stuff, but Junker just went on and on ad nauseum. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So while there was some appreciation for Junker and typically the art of John Ridgway but in the end it wasn't very close. Though fair to say, based on the number of votes neither of these has set the world alight.

Hondo-City Justice

Get into  Round 2.