Main Menu

PARAGONcomic hits THIRTY!

Started by Daveycandlish, 14 January, 2022, 06:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveycandlish

http://kck.st/3qmYbR7

Thirty issues of a small press comic is a mighty achievement! Not many comics reach thirty issues these days - and I don't just mean self published comics, either! Even the big US boys rarely let a comic hit those numbers and the 70's British anthologies never got that far with their Hatch, Match and Dispatch policy.
Yet here we are with a celebratory special, this 32 page A4 sized comic includes a 20 page adventure featuring the four main heroes of PARAGON;

Spencer Nero - the British agent with the super-powered Janus mask which he dons when indulging his penchant for punching Nazis,
Ganesh - the six-limbed superhero from the sub-Continent! A sci-fi take on the Hindu God,
Jikan - the time travelling, demon hunting samurai,
Bulldog - the anthropomorphic defender of the skies above Blighty.
And cameos from several others from past stories!

Written by Spencer Nero creator Greg Meldrum and ably illustrated by regular collaborator Scott Twells it is not to be missed!

This time around, rather than list back issues as an option to back you can choose what you would like as  an add-on. Back issue availability is VERY limited so if you haven't got them, get in quick. Also as add-on extras are the utterly brilliant hardback Christmas annual (only a few left!) and the collected tales of Spencer Nero over two books and three volumes of The Jikan Chronicles - quality adventures for two of PARAGON's finest heroes! Read their escapades from the very beginning!

But that's not all! Also available as a backer option for your bundle of comic-y goodness is a BULLDOG t-shirt. If you've grabbed the t-shirts on offer on previous Kickstarters you'll need this to add to your collection. It's a belter!

Thirty issues of quality comics. You need this in your life! Back a copy! Tell your friends!
Tell them to buy a copy too!

http://kck.st/3qmYbR7
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Daveycandlish

24 hours in and it's almost hit target!

If you like comics, you should back this http://kck.st/3qmYbR7

As I'm typing this whilst watching repeats of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet I'll say

Hawway man! Back your local small press!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Daveycandlish

PARAGON#30 - the home of weird and wonderful heroes celebrates THIRTY issues of action anthology goodness!
Back the Kickstarter, buy the comic and grab a magnificent BULLDOG t-shirt!

CLICK THE LINK >>>>> http://kck.st/3qmYbR7

Daveycandlish

Delivered yesterday! First batch will be off to the post office today with the remainder going tomorrow so hopefully all delivered for the weekend 😃

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Are we close to the next issue yet? I have grown to really like Paragon, and am itching for another!

SBT

Daveycandlish

Glad you're enjoying it!
The next issue is almost done so you can expect a Kickstarter launch in the next week or two  :)
(One of the artists has gone off to be a fully fledged droid for Tharg and I needed to find a replacement and I'm stupidly slow when I draw a strip so it's all down to me, really.)

Daveycandlish

So here's a thought for something that hasn't been done before in comics;
The PARAGON loyalty card! Buy five issues and get your sixth FREE!
And you can almost fill your card by buying the four available back issues for only a tenner.
Just PayPal the money using the friends option to daveycandlish@gmail.com and I'll get them in the post ASAP.