Main Menu

The 2022 Humble Bundle - same problem again

Started by user2000, 17 February, 2022, 09:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeCrumble

My latest reply from HB says the CBZ's were taken diwn as poor quality and impies (to me at least) they won't be replacing them and have just given up instead.....

user2000

Quote from: JudgeCrumble on 04 March, 2022, 06:06:21 PM
My latest reply from HB says the CBZ's were taken diwn as poor quality and impies (to me at least) they won't be replacing them and have just given up instead.....

Wow, that is disappointing.

PDF's load too slowly on my sons tablet for some reason and I'm not going to be buying a new tablet for this purpose.

Surely it's not beyond someone on Tharg's side to fix this?

Molch-R

According to HB the CBZ files have been updated, so you should be able to download them now.

user2000

Excellent stuff.

Just quickly downloaded a couple and the CBZ's are now as expected (as an example, The Vigilant - previous size 29.8 MB, an unreadable fuzzy mess, new file 127 MB and nice and clear).

There are a number of titles missing their CBZ's though, maybe they will upload them later but just thought I'd mention it in case they need another push.

2000AD Regened 1+2
Charleys War books 1-3
Battle of Britain Special 2020
Battle of Britain - War Picture Library (both)
Black Beth and the Devils of Al-Kadesh
Action 2020 Special
Monster

Echidna

Thanks Molch-R for getting it fixed, and user2000 for highlighting the issue. I'm off to get mine now!

It's disappointing that this keeps happening with Humble's comics bundles, especially when Rebellion is giving them the right files in the first place.

JudgeCrumble

Quote from: user2000 on 09 March, 2022, 07:59:21 AM
Excellent stuff.

Just quickly downloaded a couple and the CBZ's are now as expected (as an example, The Vigilant - previous size 29.8 MB, an unreadable fuzzy mess, new file 127 MB and nice and clear).

I did notice the Shako CBZ has actually got smaller (now 55Mb was about 95Mb) I've not yet downloaded that one to compare but otherwise it's sounding pretty positive.

JudgeCrumble

Excellent stuff.

There are a number of titles missing their CBZ's though, maybe they will upload them later but just thought I'd mention it in case they need another push.

2000AD Regened 1+2
Charleys War books 1-3
Action 2020 Special
Monster

I've just checked and there are all there now.

I did some stats on image resolution etc and it looks like the current batch have fairly consistent page sizes (the b&w ones are larger than colour, to show off the detail?) and fairly consistent filesizes per image (so consistent compression/quality level)

user2000

Quote from: JudgeCrumble on 17 March, 2022, 09:14:40 PM
Excellent stuff.

2000AD Regened 1+2
Charleys War books 1-3
Action 2020 Special
Monster

I've just checked and there are all there now.

I did some stats on image resolution etc and it looks like the current batch have fairly consistent page sizes (the b&w ones are larger than colour, to show off the detail?) and fairly consistent filesizes per image (so consistent compression/quality level)

Brilliant, all fixed up then, got there in the end!