Main Menu

Complete Dice Man - coming May 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 16 September, 2022, 04:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Headroom

Funt Solo

You could add 14 title pages (for the 14 adventures) & 5 covers. They had a letters page - 8 pages. The Editorials were 10 pages. Plus 6 teaser pages.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dash Decent

For those playing at home, the hive-mind tally so far:

287 pages of content
+14 title pages
+  5 covers
+12 JD 2012 Christmas story (which would be a brilliant addition, and up the Dredd content)
----
----

The book's 320 pages.  That only leaves two pages for all the framework around it.

If the layout falls the right way, there is no need to intersperse the stories with those black pages they use to ensure the stories start on the correct page and any double page spreads or other cross-page shenanigans aren't back to back instead of side by side.

But even if that all fit together okay, then two pages wouldn't be enough.  One page for contents. One page for copyright and address blather.  But you still need a page with the writers and artists CVs, and they'll probably add an introduction explaining what Dice Man was and how it came about, etc.

It could fit if the covers were reproduced only as, say, small illustrations dotted around the intro, but I think it's more likely Christmas Dredd won't be included.  As fitting as it is, it wasn't part of Dice Man.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Tjm86 on 16 September, 2022, 05:54:21 PM
If you would like to petition Rebellion for a Webshop exclusive hardback edition ....

I do wonder if it may turn out to be a hardback anyway, given the price it's listed at.  It's almost double the price of the upcoming Case Files volumes, for only about 32 more pages.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

sintec

Has You are Slaine: Tomb of Terror ever been reprinted anywhere?
Or is it one of those bits where you need to track down the original progs?

Max Headroom

'Slaine: Tomb of Terror' was reprinted in book 3 of the Slaine Ultimate Collection editions. (Although I seem to remember from a long lost thread that the last page from the game-playing section was omitted).

Richard

I think the title pages may be included in the 287 page count, although I'm too lazy to check.

Dash Decent

I would have thought so, but it's Funt who says 287 pages, then comes back to say 14 title pages could be added.  Given it's the same person coming back to add details it seemed unlikely there was any confusion.  Also: it's Funt.

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 September, 2022, 04:29:08 PM
Got some blether about Diceman here. There are 287 pages of strip content in the Diceman comics.

Quote from: Funt Solo on 16 September, 2022, 06:38:19 PM
You could add 14 title pages (for the 14 adventures)
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

sintec

Quote from: Max Headroom on 17 September, 2022, 12:47:13 PM
'Slaine: Tomb of Terror' was reprinted in book 3 of the Slaine Ultimate Collection editions. (Although I seem to remember from a long lost thread that the last page from the game-playing section was omitted).

We got Tomb Of Terror. But I don't remember getting the You are Slaine game alongside it we just got the linear story.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Richard on 17 September, 2022, 01:54:33 PM
I think the title pages may be included in the 287 page count, although I'm too lazy to check.

Yeah - sorry to be confusing. There *are* original title/splash pages and rules pages included in the 287pp.

For example, "You are Judge Dredd in House of Death" consists of a title page, a rules page and then 18pp of comic. My database counts that as a total page count of 20.

So, there's no real need for them to add in another set of newer title pages (14 for the fourteen adventures), but that doesn't stop them from doing so sometimes in things like the Meg floppies.

---

On the subject of You are Slaine: Tomb of Terror - it *is* reprinted in Slaine: The King (ISBN: 978-1-78108-170-9), but it's at the back of the book, rather than alongside the comic (as it was in the original printing).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Max Headroom

Quote from: sintec on 17 September, 2022, 02:57:10 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on 17 September, 2022, 12:47:13 PM

We got Tomb Of Terror. But I don't remember getting the You are Slaine game alongside it we just got the linear story.

Yes, you are right - sorry for my mistake. I was thinking about Rebellion's 'Slaine: The King' as Funt Solo said. (I think I am correct about the last page being left out in this volume, though - much to some people's chagrin!)

Art

You guys really like Choose Your Own Adventure stuff in comics eh? Noted.

13school

I never thought I was a choose-your-own-adventure fan, but Al Ewing's recent Deadpool effort for Marvel was a surprisingly fun read.

Dice Man is definitely a day-one purchase for mine - there's some amazing art in the various stories

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Art on 17 September, 2022, 06:58:55 PM
You guys really like Choose Your Own Adventure stuff in comics eh? Noted.
But do we?

If you think yes, turn to page 212. If you think no, turn to page 126.