Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Oh, and I've just ordered graphic novels WHITEOUT and WHITEOUT: MELT from Play, after loving the movie and longing for these for ages. I know no one else liked the film except me- even my wife was bored rigid- but I did, and have been trying to justify the expense of buying these for months. At six quid or so each, for "the definitive editions", I couldn't resist.

Good times!

SBT

SmallBlueThing

My copies of Oni Press's Whiteout and Whiteout: Melt arrived today- yay!- but in my excitement I ran to the front door, accidentally kicking my lounge's doorframe and I suspect breaking/ fracturing/ severely bruising the middle two toes on my right foot in the process.

Toes swollen and red, sole feels like it's burning.

Nnng. Hoppity hoppity hop.

SBT

TordelBack

...because I think XKCD is trying to tell me something.

Roger Godpleton

It's telling you "stop reading XCKD, it fucking sucks ass."
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Richmond Clements

mogzilla

well,despite there being four and a half litres of oil in the car we've not killed it so off to york tomorrow! spent an enjoyable day trolling round manchester getting an ironside dalek for me and hellboy "the ice wolves" to read on my hol and popped into travelling man and got a copy of toyfare to read on the train. also had a huge burger from urger king and a huger coffee from starbucks.

Dandontdare

Quote from: mogzilla on 23 February, 2011, 03:42:26 PM
spent an enjoyable day trolling round manchester

If you're not far away, why not join us for the Nortland comic-shopping/pub crawl in Manchester on 9th April?

mogzilla

Darren Stephens

I have the next couple of days off. I intend to spend this time drawing and generally enjoying the quiet at home. Wish me luck!  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

House of Usher

We caught the enemy mouse that's been running around in our house for a week. A trap baited with chocolate and peanut butter in each of two rooms did the trick.

Thank goodness there was only the one mouse. On the down side I spoke to the next door neighbour yesterday and he told me they've got mice, plural. It hadn't occurred to them to put traps down. He was really taken with the novelty of the idea. He also asked me if we were having any problems with the drains, because his is blocked and there's an inch-deep puddle of water covering the inspection hatch in his garden. Maybe they've been using their kitchen sink as a waste disposal next door.
::)
STRIKE !!!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Wait till the rats drop by for tea, toast anything else they can wrestle from the bin including the wicker lining of the bin itself. Beasts!

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

EddieHitler

I had stored a whole stack of Whizzer and Chips under the stairs and the little perishers nibbled away at the edges to make nest material...I have forgiven them now...I'm not bitter...even though it has been 25 years, 3 months, 5 days, etc, etc.

SmallBlueThing

Because today's payday, and I picked myself up The Complete Harlem Heroes and Invasion! (And Ben Bova's 'Mars Life' too).

SBT

Tiplodocus

I went to get a malteser from the bag left out in the office (from Lesley Anne coming back from holiday) and came up with a Cadbury's mini-egg instead. Result.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

On the bus home this evening, I discovered that the little "new" banner beside a thread isn't just for information. It's also a hyperlink to the first unread post!

I would normally have posted this in "minor impediments" due to the amount of effort and bandwidth I've had to expend going to the last page of a thread then clicking "previous" to make sure I hadn't missed anything, but I'm trying to be more positive in my outlook.
We never really die.