Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Wasn't drunk. I was on my third pint (yes I had eaten) and I think she was on her first.  Shouldn't get complicated - already says she forgives me and that it was her over reacting. Still treading carefully though.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Batman's Superior Cousin

Taken from my original post

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 21 August, 2010, 05:44:29 PM
Thats when my subscription true starts!!!! :D

My subscription to the Prog starts next week!!!! :D
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

The Legendary Shark

Why are people so terrified of causing or enduring offence these days? Of all the things to be scared of (war, disease, injury, slavery, addiction, poisons, etc, etc, etc), being pissed off by a remark is just small minded and infantile. Give offence and take offence, I say. It's all part of being human and sometimes, just sometimes, being offended makes us examine our own beliefs and understandings - which is never a bad thing.

Oh, and you're all drokkholes! (No offence...)

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Doctor Alt 8

I think it's because these days you or your employers can be sued!

Or at least that's the perception.

True some joke/ remakes can sprial out of control and become perhaps unintensionally spiteful.... But now people just won't take the minor risk least they lose their jobs or be branded as being a "phobic / ist ".

vzzbux

I ripped into my site manager yesterday over the phone, I used far too much foul language and told him basically what a cunt he was. I asked to finish at 4 because it was the mrs's birthday, then lo and behold at 3:30 I was told to pull a cable in Ashby which was about half an hour away from where I was. I eventually got home at 5. Although I had plenty of time to get ready it just wasn't the point as he specifically new why I needed to finish early.
This morning I deliberately arrived into work late to test the water and see if he went off on one. Hardly a word was said about it. Shame really as I was still ready for a confrontation.

So no you shouldn't be scared to offend your boss. In jest or otherwise

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

House of Usher

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 21 August, 2010, 07:10:57 PM
Wasn't drunk. I was on my third pint (yes I had eaten) and I think she was on her first.  Shouldn't get complicated - already says she forgives me and that it was her over reacting. Still treading carefully though.

Plus it clears right up with antibiotics, so no real harm done!
STRIKE !!!

Hoagy

Can I copy and paste some of these shorter posts out onto my facebook status updates? As I have no life and everybody laughs at me and never with me.

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Peter Wolf

Fucking EBAY  >:( >:(

I will never sell another item in that fucking place because i am sick sick sick and tired of posting off items of value for 99 fucking P.

Is there something wrong with me that i dont know about ??

Do i smell or something ??

Do they see my name next to an auction and think Fuck that ??

I am through with those tight fisted fuckers and the whole fucking site and i dont care if this is not in the spirit of Ebay.I dont give a fuck and if there is too much swearing in this comment then someone can fucking delete it for all i care but i have had it with that place.

Fuck    Them    All

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Dandontdare

I've never sold through eBay but surely you can set a reserve rather than starting at 99p?

House of Usher

My last autumn's GCSE students got their results today, and there were some major disappointments. I know I could have got more of them through it with better grades if I had stayed, but the job didn't pay the going rate for excellence. I'm cross that they have lost out, and that it could have been prevented only if I'd been willing to go on working a 50-hour week for £13,000 a year.

If 4 GCSE classes a week, or 10 hours contact time, had paid £240 instead of £180, I would have stayed. I could have taught up to 6 GCSE classes @ £60 each then instead of taking on seven and-a-half hours of non-GCSE leisure learning shit to make my earnings up, which was a major diversion from teaching for worthwhile qualifications.

Oh well. You only get what you pay for, and at the moment it doesn't look like we're paying for the further education we need. I may give it another go one day, but not when I can earn as good a living for similar effort as a postman.
STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Tiplodocus: A former colleague of mine left work after the fight that resulted from calling a workmate exactly that!  She meant it however.

Peter:  You can set your Starting Bid to whatever you like, as a transparent minimum that you're willing to acceept.  This is why my house is still groaning under the weight of unsold books.

Usher:   I trust you know that this is not your fault in any shape or form.

House of Usher

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 August, 2010, 03:25:45 PM
Usher:   I trust you know that this is not your fault in any shape or form.

It nags at me like joint pain.

The course providers had 10 weeks to find suitable replacement tutors, and they muffed it up.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 August, 2010, 03:25:45 PM
Peter:  You can set your Starting Bid to whatever you like, as a transparent minimum that you're willing to acceept.  This is why my house is still groaning under the weight of unsold books.

I dont seem to have much luck selling.I sold 3 items when i started that sold for loads more than i expected but since then its been a dead loss.

I had 7 watching both items i was selling on Sunday and i was hoping for a last minute bidding war but no such luck.One of the items i bought the week before which was an impulse buy so i re-auctioned it only to find one bid at 99p.

I am completely and utterly disillusioned and annoyed with it and i will never bother selling on there again ever.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

nev

I was sure my pin was a number that it wasn't so I can't use my card at cash machines any more.

I got a nokia to replace my shitty LG and the vibrate function won't work, and I never hear the damned phones anyway.

The Doctor Alt 8

Sigh...

One of the members of our Medieval society is not so slowly drinking himself to death.

He dosn't seem to understand that he has a problem and needs to stop NOW FOREVER. Let alone seems to making any attempt to stop or ask for help.

It's doultful he will survive another year... in fact the doctors have given him the life excpectancy of weeks...

This is going to hit our groups founder hard, because altough I think he has accepted the situation interlectually. (Well what else CAN you do?) I get the  impression that they are close friends so emotionally..

We are gong to loss an otherwise great group member and there is nothing anyone seems to be able to do about it.