Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emperor

Quote from: Noisybast on 15 January, 2011, 07:36:13 PMStill not looking forward to hearing about my GF's day in work on Monday, though...

Cook something nice for tea and make sure there is a bottle of plonk to hand.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Banners

Quote from: Richmond Clements
QuoteStill not looking forward to hearing about my GF's day in work on Monday, though...

Be honest though... you think that everyday.
Am I right men? Eh? Eh?

Amen, Brother!

;-)

M@

Kerrin

The guy is a prick, try not to worry about it Noisy. You did the right thing in not decking him.

Roger Godpleton

I was once again woken up this morning by the sound of my sister and her boyfriend rutting like swine in the shower. Either they don't care that I can hear them, or it simply just does not occur to them that I can hear pretty much everything up in the attic WHERE THE HATCH IS WIDE OPEN.

Then she started singing along to Bieber at obnoxiously loud volumes which is when I went to work.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

vzzbux

Don't worry about it. You made both look twats and now they have concocted this scenario to soften their foolishness. It's just a shame your missus has to face the Knob on Monday and not you.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

DrJomster

Life has really spugged recently due to a death in the family... But I can honestly say that the nostalgic escapism of Strontium Dog Agency Files 2 and Robo-Hunter Droid Files 1 has actually helped quite a lot! Plus, they're fantastic trade paperbacks to boot! :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Noisybast

Gah! More spuggery!

Jen called me early this morning to tell me she'd spoken to the only sober member of Friday's night out, and that, although he'd left prior to the incident, he'd seen no evidence of me behaving badly and that it didn't sound likely. So far so good.

An hour or so later, the story had made its way back to a manager, who said it was the third such incident she'd heard about, and that A would be in deep shit for bringing the company into disrepute. Uh oh...

Half an hour ago, I got a tearful, barely coherent call from Jen. A's girlfriend is backing his story, saying she saw me hitting J all night. Not true. The atmosphere is horrendous, and Jen wants to go home.

I feel sick. I really don't know what to do. I can't reach Jen or my sister on their mobiles. Horrible all round.

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

vzzbux

If it was me I would demand an interview with manager and said parties just so your missus isn't dragged through any mire and also to confront the idiot whilst sober. Also you could ask why he isn't pressing charges for assault, I am sure CCTV footage would back you up if he did call your hand.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

Holy feck, Noisy, that's cack.  

I hate to say it, but you probably need to make a serious effort to talk directly to these knobs, who are at least nominally adults, and to the manager, so all parties can see that you're not some incoherent monster.  Explain that this is not your recollection of events at all, and you're sorry if they came away with that impression or some such weasel-worded crap.  You meant it as a friendly jokey gesture in response to his off-colour comment, but it obviously came across wrong and misunderstandings snowballed, that's the problem with trying to be funny when all parties have had a few beers etc. etc.  Don't apologise for anything other than your actions possibly being open to misinterpretation, but some sort of attempt to diffuse the poison they're spreading looks necessary.

I've been in a slightly similar situation, except that I was utterly bollocksed drunk, and did do some of the stupid things I was accused of - the only way I found out of it was a sit down chat with all relevant parties.

I don't envy you, mate.

Emperor

Quote from: Noisybast on 17 January, 2011, 01:04:59 PMAn hour or so later, the story had made its way back to a manager, who said it was the third such incident she'd heard about, and that A would be in deep shit for bringing the company into disrepute. Uh oh...

I think this is the key part ^^^ A clearly has anger issues and this is part of a large pattern. It clearly puts you at least in the foothills of the moral high ground, just needs a bit more work to get there.

Quote from: Noisybast on 17 January, 2011, 01:04:59 PMHalf an hour ago, I got a tearful, barely coherent call from Jen. A's girlfriend is backing his story, saying she saw me hitting J all night. Not true.

This is almost inevitable given the first quote - she has to say this or A is in an awful lot of trouble, at least if she says you started it he might avoid the bullet, this time.

However, I refer you to a previous quote:

Quote from: Noisybast on 15 January, 2011, 06:49:50 PMI've since emailed the A girlfriend, who seemed like a nice girl) to apologise. I explained what happened, and even offered to buy them a drink and talk it over. She replied a few hours later saying that A told her I'd been repeatedly hitting J in the head and face all night, and that when A asked me to stop, I'd threatened to beat the pair of them up. Apparently that's why he hit me.

You basically have her changing her story from "my boyfriend told me" to "I saw it all". I'd get a print off to the manager asap. Her motivation for saying it is clear (to everyone eventually I suspect) but she can't be allowed to get away with it.

Let's be honest if you had been hitting J all night (and why would you??) then people would have seen and commented on it.

I'm afraid today (and perhaps this week - sorry) was always going to be "messy" - you just have to state your case clearly and calmly (with as much evidence as you have - that mail is key), it looks like it should work out in the medium term, just hang on in there.

The big surprise is that people haven't come out to say they've had similar problems with J - I suspect they will when the more violent aspects have been dealt with. It'd be a pity that the manipulative git who caused all this gets away scot free.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

klute

QuoteI'd been repeatedly hitting J in the head and face all night, and that when A asked me to stop, I'd threatened to beat the pair of them up

You must be built like a brick shithouse! because for teh life of me i cant think why one man would let another one hit him all night more so if he didnt know him!!

Then to go on and say that Two men were scared of you beating them up just makes it all the more laughable fuck me these guys need to be writing for some of the national papers.....if he was that concerned and couldnt do anything about it why didnt he involve a bouncer????

I'll tell you why! because this cock weasel is full of shit. i had an incident like this a few years ago.

I'd gone out with some people from work which included one of my then managers and his other half a close friend of mine.

She had been dancing on the dance floor not far from myself and my wife (girlfriend at the time)when he proceeded to come over and drag his missus of the dance floor and kick a pint class at some fella..well it missed him and hit my wife in the leg.

As you can guess i went apeshit suffice to say i got my pound of flesh beofre being removed from said club.

Anyway the following day the manager grabbed hold of every member of staff and threatening them with there jobs if they didnt side with him...making me out to be the bad guy.....anyway he tried threatening me to which i replied "It had nothing to do with work it was outside of hours, dont threaten me because your a manager if you would like to bring it up again i suggest you catch me outside of work"

It took a few years and an incident at work for people to realise i had been telling the truth but he lost a job promotion worth millions to him.... i was pleased to be there to see his fall from grace and people say to me you were right!

Back on topic im a little baffled why this is now a work issue as other than being your partner the incident that never was has nothing to do with your other half?

Your a better person than me as i would now be outside of your partners workplace waiting for him, and maybe suggesting to a few of his work colleagues that he was making racist remarks about a certain woman and talking of rape or that he was a paedo... wait for the shit to hit the fan for him then turn around and say its not fun being on the end of a malicious lie.

loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

klute

Im not suggesting any of the above but years ago id have gone crackers over an incident like that.

Maybe you should have a word with this boss of his theres plenty of things i would be asking

QuoteAn hour or so later, the story had made its way back to a manager, who said it was the third such incident she'd heard about, and that A would be in deep shit for bringing the company into disrepute. Uh oh...
third incident with him involved? or third mention of the incident with you and him?

I only ask because if he has previous then they know he's a fucktard

QuoteIf it was me I would demand an interview with manager and said parties just so your missus isn't dragged through any mire and also to confront the idiot whilst sober. Also you could ask why he isn't pressing charges for assault, I am sure CCTV footage would back you up if he did call your hand.

Unless theres a reason why you cant why dont you use this to your advantage might be worth suggesting to the boss that you will get a  solicitor involved if this isnt knocked on the head for defamation of character? and mention that you will go to all the places you spent your night for any cctv footage they have of your party.

Maybe this will shut him up if he thinks/knows you can back up your story?

klute

QuoteThe big surprise is that people haven't come out to say they've had similar problems with J - I suspect they will when the more violent aspects have been dealt with. It'd be a pity that the manipulative git who caused all this gets away scot free.
Karma!!! my brothers Karma!!! it has a funny way of working out ;) this spunk bubble is full of bad ju ju.

it wouldnt surprise me if the other half left him at some point and said he beat her

Noisybast

Latest update: I spoke to my sister, who works there at a higher grade than any if them. She said not to worry and not to get involved.

Apparently A is in enough shit as it is, as he took Friday off, claiming to be visiting his mother in hospital. Unfortunately for him, his sister rang to speak to him in the afternoon. When asked how her mum was, she said "Er... she's alright thanks, why?".

Bwa ha, and indeed ha.

In the meantime, Jen's still pretty upset, and worried about going back into work today. She tried to discuss the matter sensibly with A's girlfriend yesterday, which was never going to end well. My suggestion to try the 'men, eh? / we both have idiot boyfriends, let's forget it and get on with our lives' approach has fallen on deaf ears.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Peter Wolf

A sounds like a useless lying whining maggot.

I would like to give him something to complain about.

BTW if you had been hitting him in the face all night surely there is evidence for this on his face ?

Because if you had there would have been but it sounds like one of the most outrageous lies i have heard in a long while.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death