Main Menu

Questions for Simon Fraser?

Started by bluemeanie, 14 August, 2012, 04:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Flint's doing a podcast Q&A in the next week or so.

If anyone has anything they'd like asked.... you guys know the drill

Proudhuff

When's Lilly MacKenzie back in the Megazine, will it be collected and how come you have a University named after you?
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

What is it like being a friend to the Superstar known as Buttonman  ;)

Cthulouis

TordelBack

What's next for you in 2000AD now Dante has ended?  And a big thank-you for the pure perfection that the art on Dante had become, from subtle expressive faces to magnificent future architecture.

You've done relatively few Dredds, but those you have done have included personal favourites like Blood Cadets and the X-Men spoof.  Any chance of some more, maybe longer, Dredd stories?

On that note, how does it feel to be one of the very few artists to have drawn Dredd's face?

I, Cosh

Maybe an obvious one. The end of Dante was wonderfully vague, as evidenced by the pages of discussion on the Prog thread here. Do you and/or Robbie actually have a "correct" view of what happens (don't want to know what it is) next or was the ambiguity the whole point?

Another. Presumably you must've gone back to that very first splash page to mimic the composition on the final page. Looking at the two side by side, what do you think of the way your work has changed in that time?
We never really die.

The Monarch

Hello David page here

I think its an understatement that I love Dante and your artwork despite what I said a while back is amazing and well detailed. Anyway I have two questions though I am not sure if you could answer them

1: Whatever happened to that sniper kid from the second book of the Tsar wars. It looked to be set up he would be back...but nothing

2: Could you tell us a bit more of the arc mangling the second half of the tsar wars suffered due to the difficulties in you being able to pencil more than one part of the story. I think the shuffling of two arcs is well known but was there any other changes?

Thank you and thanks for all the goodness you gave us over the years.

Trout

One of the Dante books, the Courtship of Jena Makarov, is very hard to find. Does he know about about new reprints, now the series has ended?

Colin YNWA

Sorry that this is all so Dante focused but hopefully you'll forgive that at this time. Anyway a few (with some overlap with questions already asked)

1. Are there any stories in Dante done by other artist that you'd have like to have done yourself. Not as the art wasn't up to scratch (come how great was John Burns stuff in particular) rather from a purely selfish 'man I wish I'd got the chance to draw that?

2. Now its gone do you miss it (I know I do), are you glad its over and is now a complete body of work (I know I feel this way too...) and you have more time for other stuff, as has been asked what might that be?

3. How would you like to see Dante presented now it is complete. There's been talk about it here on the boards and my favourite option is in seven (thanks to Radiator I think it was for the breakdown of how the stories land there) lovely shiny posh hardcover collections. Do you have a dream package for it?

4. Why do you think Dante seems to remain 2000ad's best kept secret? It doesn't seem to have broken out in the way other stories have, Dredd slowly in the US, Slaine in Europe. I genuinely believe there's a bigger audience out there for something as wonderful as Dante. Do you have ideas of where that might be and how we get it under their noses?

5. Okay one none Dante question. Your Tharg 'silver surfer' cover for Prog 2011 is one of my all time favourites. Would you like to see Tharg strips back in the Prog and would you like to draw (or write but we all know Tharg writes them himself...) one?

James Stacey

How different is the process of drawing other peoples scripts 'Dante' and drawing for your own 'Lily'. Does it ever inform what you write 'I'd like this to happen but it will be a nightmare to draw' etc.
How about a nice art book of Drawbridge sketches.

Tombo

Quote from: Proudhuff on 14 August, 2012, 04:47:54 PM
When's Lilly MacKenzie back in the Megazine, will it be collected and how come you have a University named after you?

I second these questions.  I really enjoyed it when it was in the Meg.

As for my own question:  When are we going to see Lulu in her own spin-off as she becomes involved in the international fashion industry, primarily as a model for Victoria's Secrets?, perhaps featuring a cameo of the now grown up Odessa as she enters the "curious about "things"" stage in her life?

Pete Wells

If there was a Dante movie, or set of movies, who would ideally play the main roles?

Buttonman

Quote from: Pete Wells on 16 August, 2012, 09:25:59 PM
If there was a Dante movie, or set of movies, who would ideally play the main roles?

I'll answer that one for you Pete - Russell Brand - fresh from stealing the show at the Olympics closing ceremony. He was the walrus.

For Simon : How did you survive this evening hearing incessantly about 'My cellar', 'My block' and 'My crack cocaine addiction?

Milky milky.