Main Menu

New Luther Arkwright coming - just be patient

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 August, 2019, 07:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Really, really excited for this, at a level that surpasses anticipation for literally every other comic on the horizon.

I'll almost forgive ColinYNWA for linking us to an article by humanoid mollusc Rich Johnson.

sheridan

Quote from: Link Prime on 23 August, 2019, 04:13:02 PM
Really, really excited for this, at a level that surpasses anticipation for literally every other comic on the horizon.

I'll almost forgive ColinYNWA for linking us to an article by humanoid mollusc Rich Johnson.

Is he that bad?  Though I do tend to find there's so much flash / advertising / whatever on that site that my computer can freeze if I scroll down past the headline.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 23 August, 2019, 06:01:42 PM
Is he that bad?

He provides 'political' cartoons for Guido Fawkes' blog. Remember that Bleeding Cool gave an open platform to actual white supremacist Vox Day, after which they pretended for almost two whole days that Johnston had been replaced as EiC before going back to business as usual.

I remain utterly disappointed that otherwise decent comic companies give that snivelling [spoiler]redacted[/spoiler] exclusives after he's shown us exactly who he is so many times.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

for literally every other comic on the horizon.

I read this as RIan Johnson, and was warming up my well-thumbed Last Jedi defence...

...no such intervention will be forthcoming on behalf of Rich or BC.

Link Prime

Quote from: sheridan on 23 August, 2019, 06:01:42 PM

Is he that bad? 

Yeah, maybe a bit much, so forgive the uncharacteristic harshness of that comment.

Fact is, I really despise 'Bleeding Cool'. Saw it for what it was years ago - transparent shit stirring.

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 August, 2019, 09:01:01 PM

I read this as RIan Johnson,

He'll get his, Tordel!

CalHab

This is great news! The first volume is very much a high point for British comics.

karlos

Talbot goodness here, including link to decently priced copies of Arkwright Integral:

https://downthetubes.net/?p=114872

rogue69

Bryan talbot is giving away a free 90 page download of some of his less known work on his webpage

It contains the stories Hasan i Sabah - coloured by Jim Stewart, Jabberwocky, Henry V's Speech before Harfleur, What is Corruption?, An Open Letter to a Comics Virgin, The Cannabis Conspriacy - written by Doug, Moench and coloured by Jamie Grant, Brainworms - written by Matthias Schultheiss, Cold Snap - written by Alan Moore, Komix Comics, For a Few Gallons More - featuring Ogoth and Ugly Boot from the Ogoth the Barbarian strips, written by Mick Farren and drawn by Chris Welch, The Papist Affair, An Honest Answer - written by Neil Gaiman and lettered by Sonja Curtis, From Homogenous to Honey - written by Neil Gaiman, inks by Mark Buckingham and lettering by Steve Craddock, Sloth - written by Neil Gaiman, The History of British Comics, Nick Cave - written by Nick Cave, The Fire Opal of Set

http://www.bryan-talbot.com/index.php