Main Menu

Prog 2350 - 2000ad Battle Action*

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 September, 2023, 12:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

My favourite too. Seeing it against the black, two thoughts occur to me.

First, the three lines at the bottom are graphic design genius. They give heft and weight to what would otherwise be a quite flat logo.

Second, this looks like a knuckle-duster.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

nxylas

I don't know that it's my favourite logo, but it was the logo during probably my favourite era of 2000AD.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Funt Solo

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 17 September, 2023, 02:22:38 PMSecond, this looks like a knuckle-duster.

They missed a trick here - free knuckle-duster with every prog!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Richard

scrotnig

We should start a campaign to bring the Chrome logo back!

Barrington Boots

Agree with pretty much eveyrthing here. Great Prog. The non-sub cover is so good it's worth picking up a copy I reckon!

Highlights for me were Dredd, Hellman and Major Eazy. The latter two in particular, for me, nailed the breathless action & largely bloodless violence feel of old comics and action films from my youth. I agree that these three in particular are miles better than 99% of Regened but I'd happily read these in the Prog or Meg proper.
Lovely art in El Mestizo too.

Very enjoyable Prog indeed!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Tomwe

Brilliant prog! I am not the biggest fan of Battle / Action, but it turned out what was missing was the germ of SF to make the strips exactly what I enjoy reading! 2000AD is known for taking popular themes / other media stories and adding a spin to make a fun new story. Who knew doing that for their own properties would be so successful! More please!

scrotnig

This is definitely one of the finest progs in a long time!

Who knew this would work so well?

Darren Stephens

A superb prog. Gave me 'Prog 500' flashbacks! 
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

GoGilesGo

Damn, that was a good prog. Every single strip sung.

What are the chances of a Battle Action Tooth prog every quarter or six months a la Regened? Too many plates to keep spinning I imagine but I'd love to see follow ups to every one of these stories.

Special shout out to the Tharg Nerve Centre framing device that topped and tailed the prog. A succinct and clever explainer.

JayzusB.Christ

Oh man, I'm looking forward to this. It's a huge buzz to see the old chrome logo on again, and Cliff Robinson who I'm pretty sure did quite a few covers the last time that logo was in regular use.

I was a sci fi and fantasy kid and didn't have a whole lot of time for the old war comics, but by grud I have a lot of time for them now.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

What an awesome prog but I have one major issue with this prog and it is quite simple when can we have more of this.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Still progless here. Bah. The Meg arrived ages ago. Strange for the Prog to be this late.