Main Menu

Are we all looking at the same photos here or what?

Started by Judge Cassidy, 09 February, 2011, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Wouldn't the best thing be to just ignore them, and let them answer their own posts?

mogzilla

it would, but sc*** hunting is a national sport and for every one ignored another two spring up .

Mario Di Giacomo

Quote from: radiator on 10 February, 2011, 03:38:56 PM
QuoteI think the uniform is the right way to go, not made my mind up about the lawmaster yet. But i would have loved to see the old mk1 lawgiver come out to play.

The MkI is too puny looking - only a couple of artists could draw it so it looked cool - McMahon and Ezquerra off the top of my head. A literal take on the MkI would just look silly on screen imo.

Re: the new movie lawgiver, I think it looks pretty nifty, and it actually doesn't look a million miles away from how some artists are drawing it these days imo...

It's even closer to some shots:

Mario Di Giacomo

Judge Palmer

Quote from: bewareofgeek on 10 February, 2011, 09:24:57 PM
QuoteI think the uniform is the right way to go, not made my mind up about the lawmaster yet. But i would have loved to see the old mk1 lawgiver come out to play.

The MkI is too puny looking - only a couple of artists could draw it so it looked cool - McMahon and Ezquerra off the top of my head. A literal take on the MkI would just look silly on screen imo.

Re: the new movie lawgiver, I think it looks pretty nifty, and it actually doesn't look a million miles away from how some artists are drawing it these days imo...

Great find on that pic and a good comparison too. It's good to see the weapons and the overall look of Dredd's costume evolve and change as the years go by and the various artists influence the look also :)

Creep broke the rules, he's doing time!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Looks a little like a Bolt pistol from Warhammer 40K.

Frankly thats probably the sort of fire power you'd need in Mega City 1!

I like it. I think it's Glock conversion but wouldn't swear to it.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Judge Cassidy

Quote from: mogzilla on 10 February, 2011, 07:16:58 PM
There are a lot of trolls appearing on this forum who claim to be fans but all they post is negative bollocks

So fans are not allowed to have a negative opinion of the new film or else they're not really fans...is that how it works?
In this city, Justice comes at a price- that price is FREEDOM!

Judge Cassidy

Quote from: vzzbux on 10 February, 2011, 06:57:41 PM
Are you serious?

I was actually thinking more of the Series version of the bike (the one you posted is the one from the Pilot) which was a bit bigger and had weapon pods on the nose and bigger, more sticky-out airfoils behind the front wheel, but essentially yes, I am serious.

Mario Di Giacomo

Mario Di Giacomo

Judge Cassidy

Quote from: bewareofgeek on 11 February, 2011, 02:12:57 AM
Which one?

http://www.streethawkonline.com/bikeinfo.php

Meh, it doesn't really matter (I do favour the round nosed one though) There's the Pilot bike and the series bike, the variances in the different series bikes weren't intentional (they all came off the one blueprint), and aren't really important. What's key is what the Series bike has over the Pilot version - namely, it's bigger, has weapon pods, and it's airfoils are more angled (best seen in front-on shots)

blackmocco

Quote from: Judge Cassidy on 11 February, 2011, 02:04:43 AM
There are a lot of trolls appearing on this forum who claim to be fans but all they post is negative bollocks

So fans are not allowed to have a negative opinion of the new film or else they're not really fans...is that how it works?

Not at all. But to start a new thread which essentially regurgitates everything that's in the previous threads is just pointless. This should just be merged with the Lawmaster one.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Richmond Clements

Is that what's happening? Are your opinions being disallowed?
Or are they just being challenged by other people on the board?

Grimmyx22

Quote from: bewareofgeek on 10 February, 2011, 09:24:57 PM

I think the mk1 lawgiver was a really distinctive looking weapon, with the double magazine especially so. Some artists have made it look a bit puny i admit, but it is sooo Dredds gun, Instantly recognizable. One of the crucial design elements they should have kept. It could be brought upto date with a subtle redesign, Even just making it 20% bigger, maybe a larger muzzle diameter. Just my humble...

Grimmyx22

Soz about all the reposted pics, ill get the hang of this one day.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 11 February, 2011, 09:00:03 AM

Yes, the old "I'm not allowed have a negative opinion/everyone is against me/I'm being censored" whine really means "don't criticise me just because I haven't thought my sweeping comments through and I haven't realised the irony of my printed words about not being allowed my opinion".

Hoagy

Quoteregurgitate

Someone finally said the word that puts what is so annoying about the posts.

Regurgitation.

Vomiting. Blowing chunks. I get it. Everyone has the right to be negative, depressing and downright maudlin. #Its shit, life's shit, I didn't fulfill my destiny. That's not good. That's worse. Nobody died making this film. It goes nowhere and gets boring, quick. Its a cul-de-sac of natural progression. If someone is sick on the floor because the food was off, do we all have to eat that person's puke, as they do, regurgitating it again and again? And just because you're sick in public , does it mean you wait for a street-cleaner to clean it up for you? Do you take steps to help clean up your mess? How many days in an iso-cube does one get?

There's a voice in my head recently appeared saying, "Leave it Jake, it's The Internet."

I'll just say the above, honestly, is what comes to mind reading the "don't like it", posts. That's not enough though. In comes Fred, Ted and Whomever telling me they're a fan and like, totally crushing my freedom of expression man. And round and round it goes. I'm off to a chatroom to shout Faggot at someone.

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 February, 2011, 09:50:18 AM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 11 February, 2011, 09:00:03 AM

Yes, the old "I'm not allowed have a negative opinion/everyone is against me/I'm being censored" whine really means "don't criticise me just because I haven't thought my sweeping comments through and I haven't realised the irony of my printed words about not being allowed my opinion".

What he said.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract