Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

TBH mate I found the 3rd one to be the weakest.

ME1 - Strong RPG elements but super clunky control scheme for shooting.
ME2 - Its the dirty dozen in space, good story but dumbed down the RPG element while tightening the shooting controls.
ME3 - Its now a shooter with a couple of choose your own adventure sections. still good though.

ME1 was my favourite out the 3 and I'm still looking forward to the new one.

KOTOR is still better than all 3 though. If you have access to PC for games I cant recommend it enough (unless you've already played it). Star wars RPG done right by the same guys. Avoid 2 though.

I'm currently still dying (a lot) in Bloodborne but am near the end. After completing it 3 times I had never invaded another players game. Such a shitty and brilliant thing to put in a game. Basically you're going about you're business trying to survive when some asshat (me) materialises in your world and does his best to ruin your day. What a laugh.

My sons also playing it and received his first rude message for such dickery. Never been more proud  :lol:
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Keef Monkey

I adore Mass Effect, my favorite sci-fi universe hands down. 2 was definitely my favourite (and also my favourite game of all time if I'm honest).

3 I still loved because the combat never got old for me and by that point I was so absorbed in the characters and the world that I was mainly in it for the story, but it definitely wasn't as great as 2.

COMMANDO FORCES

I just played that William Hill Dredd game, which is also available free on the web. A couple of nice graphics but it's just a slot machine, so nothing too exciting.

Tiplodocus

On a whim, I picked up LOTR: Return of the King for the Gameboy advance at the weekend.

I've dusted off my DS Lite* and have been playing about with it.  Playing as Aragorn seems to be simply a case of hitting B as often as possible - I've not noticed the RPG elements making too much of difference yet. 

Playing as Frodo is a fucker - Sam seems to soak up all of the damage for you and you just have to sneak around (which is just as well as I can't figure out how to use the handy "Heal" on A that Aragorn has. With Frodo, it makes me put on the One Ring and the Nazgul turn up and kill me.  No instructions and the online walkthroughs are a bit vague on how to pre-set an ability to the A button).

Anyway, if I start seeing a difference in performance based on my RPG bits, I will probably continue.

I don't like my RPGs too complicated e.g. I hate those ones that are: "Ooh, you can level up on your fighting skills and level up the strength on your left or right arm and you can level up the damage on the tip of the sword, the right edge or the left edge".   A simple "Shooting Skill +1" works for me (Rebel Star Command or Tom Clancy 3DS game that I can't remember the name of are about the level I like).

But if it just looks like an exercise in bashing the B, I may not carry on and Middle Earth will be doomed.

* it's got a Frank Quietly Batman on it, for those that don't know. Possibly a deaf and blind child in one of those lost amazonian tribes hasn't heard me say that. This week.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Satanist

Tips - Don't know if I said before but have you got Fire Emblem for 3DS?

Same guys who did advance wars but instead of tank/planes/etc you have knights/wizards/etc.

The difference is that each character has his own personality and traits but once they get killed they are gone for good. Later on in the game you can marry characters and then their offspring have a combination of both parents traits.

Its magnificent and frustrating in equal measures but I think you'd like it.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 03 March, 2016, 12:24:54 PM
On a whim, I picked up LOTR: Return of the King for the Gameboy advance at the weekend.

I've dusted off my DS Lite* and have been playing about with it.  Playing as Aragorn seems to be simply a case of hitting B as often as possible - I've not noticed the RPG elements making too much of difference yet. 

Playing as Frodo is a fucker - Sam seems to soak up all of the damage for you and you just have to sneak around (which is just as well as I can't figure out how to use the handy "Heal" on A that Aragorn has. With Frodo, it makes me put on the One Ring and the Nazgul turn up and kill me.  No instructions and the online walkthroughs are a bit vague on how to pre-set an ability to the A button).

Anyway, if I start seeing a difference in performance based on my RPG bits, I will probably continue.

I don't like my RPGs too complicated e.g. I hate those ones that are: "Ooh, you can level up on your fighting skills and level up the strength on your left or right arm and you can level up the damage on the tip of the sword, the right edge or the left edge".   A simple "Shooting Skill +1" works for me (Rebel Star Command or Tom Clancy 3DS game that I can't remember the name of are about the level I like).

But if it just looks like an exercise in bashing the B, I may not carry on and Middle Earth will be doomed.

* it's got a Frank Quietly Batman on it, for those that don't know. Possibly a deaf and blind child in one of those lost amazonian tribes hasn't heard me say that. This week.

If that's the same one I have for the PC. I could never beat the Goblin in the sewer.

dweezil2

I've been playing the recently released Judge Dredd pinball game on iOS and it is infuriatingly addictive!

Anyone want to attempt to beat my highscore?

I dare you, I double dare you!!!!   :D

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Tiplodocus

Tiny Tips has Fire Emblem: Awakening installed on his 3DS so I shall see if I can borrow that from him.

It's the L button to switch active skills.  Mine was a bit sticky so I've cleaned it up and it's working fine now.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

JamesC

Fire Emblem: Awakening is excellent. You can turn off the perma-death on that one so it's a little more accessible to a semi-casual gamer like me.

Satanist

Bloodborne DLC is now done and I have 100% complete again. Phew.

Now back to Fallout 4 and have just over 1 month to finish that before Dark Souls 3 arrives.

Keef Monkey

After re-watching Predator and Predator 2 at the weekend I did the only sane thing and replayed the Predator campaign in Rebellion's Aliens vs Predator on 360. Had a blast, it's definitely the kind of thing that can feel quite clunky if you play it sloppily, but when you know what you're doing and are using all the tools and jumping around the higher ground stalking your prey it's brilliantly satisfying. Love it!

Realized I played it through on Hard before but never beat it on Nightmare (which is Hard with no checkpoints), so have started working on that. Not sure I'll make it through, the boss fights will probably get frustrating.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Weep for my life as I approach 100 hours on Dragon Age: Inquisition on the PS4. I've still got games from Christmas shrink wrapped but I am not giving up on it.

Meanwhile, on the PC (ie what I do when my kids are on the console)... I've just finished Bioshock 2 and am rattling through Wolfenstein: The Old Blood. Because the only good Nazi is a dead Nazi*

* provided it doesn't come back as a zombie Nazi, in which case the only good Nazi is a decapitated dead one
Lock up your spoons!

Keef Monkey

Have got The Old Blood sitting on the pile awaiting its turn! Really looking forward to it, loved The New Order and just recently put a fair whack of time into getting every achievement in it. Those hard difficulties are rooooough!

Loved Inquisition too and probably wasn't far off 100hrs myself, plan to go back and do the DLC at some point. Fantastic game.

Grugz

14 days 13 hours into fallout 4 and the first dlc aint out yet!!! my lass worked out the real hours ive been on this and it was a shock...until I found a whole new building I hadn't plundered. ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Keef Monkey

Fired up Fallout 4 for the first time in a few weeks last night, like slipping into some very comfortable and familiar slippers! Turns out I'm only about a day and a half into it so still have a ways to go.

Lately been revisiting Rebellion's most recent Aliens vs Predator game, I'd watched the Predator movies again so was in the mood for the Predator campaign. Still holds up for me, I really, really like that game. Realized I hadn't ever finished any of the campaigns on Nightmare difficulty (Hard, but with no checkpoints) so challenging myself to do that. On the third level of Predator currently and it's going okay, might be doable! Love cloaking and using the trees and the stealth kills...it's all win.

Also finally finished Alien Breed 3: Descent, which I'd been spinning my wheels on for a while (my last save was from about a year ago). I was pretty into these back with the first episode (partly for the nostalgia...they did a new Alien Breed!), but the recycling of ideas and the CONSTANT running to one objective just to be told it's locked and needs some back tracking to find a macguffin to unlock it (I don't think there's a single objective that doesn't happen with), plus the combat getting very stale, the story lacking interest and some of the new enemies being just plain no fun (there's one creature who stun-locks you, meaning you just stand about taking damage and grinding your teeth for a few seconds)...all adds up to a very disappointing trilogy and by part 3 I'd had enough.

I beat the last boss and then the game crashed before the final cutscene loaded and I don't think I'm bothered.