Main Menu

Morrowind

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 24 October, 2013, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: jackstarr on 21 February, 2014, 09:07:46 PM
Yay!  Does this mean birthday greetings are in order?

I assume you have the Game of the Year Edition.  Have you tried loading the disc?  I thought there were three separate installation files on there, so there's one for just Tribunal?

Yes I think so. Bur being a good girl I will wait until Monday before attempting to install.

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Dandontdare on 21 February, 2014, 09:33:15 PM
QuoteToday I received not just Tribunal but a game disk with all three interlinked games... ( Morrowind,Tribunal Bloodmoon)

is this from the chap that you were soliciting dinner etiquette for? If so, I think you could serve him any old shit, he's hooked!

Nope... Different friend. And no it isn't like em... that.

As I have said I am a good girl....

The kind men only want as a friend.

( Trust me couldn't even get propositioned by a randy bi- sexual elf in Dragons Age Origins
...)

The Doctor Alt 8

I've also been given the anniversary edition of Oblivion

Say goodbye folks... I'm going to be a LONG TIME....  :lol:

jackstarr

Mwahahahaha.

Bet you'll be back in 5 minutes for some more help  :P :lol:

The Doctor Alt 8

Yes, yes I will... Cause the idiot bought new editions which...

NEED THE BLOODY INTERNET...

jackstarr

::)

Are they GFWL ("Games for Windows Live")?  If so, better install quickly...Microsoft have announced that the GFWL system (which is used by Oblivion for copy protection) will be discontinued in July 2014...

By the way, the Anniversary edition of Oblivion includes the 2 main DLC, Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles...but doesn't include a bunch of smaller DLC, and the only way to get these legally nowadays is on the standalone Knights of the Nine expansion disc, or on Steam (they used to be downloadable directly from the Bethesda website, but no longer).
It doesn't include: Horse Armor, Wizard's Tower/Frostcrag Spire (player home), Thieves Den (player home), Fighter's Stronghold/Battlehorn Castle (player home), Spell Tomes (loads of new spells added), Vile Lair/Deepscorn Hollow (player home), Mehrune's Razor (quest and artifact), and The Orrery (quest and powers). http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Official_Add-Ons

The Doctor Alt 8

Eh... No. But I have no internet. Which is why I shortlisted old, previously played games... Figuring that they wouldn't need the internet to verify the copy... )

jackstarr

If they're not GFWL, then why do you need the internet?  Are they Steam?

Are you sure you need to be online to verify?

The Doctor Alt 8

Yes they are steam.....

Grrr

Pretty shore yes.
and can someone tell me why, when I have sneek of 100... and the glove to treachery which increases it to 120 I cannot actually successfully pick pocket.
I am trying to get this 9. Belt of Sanguine Fleetness This belt can be found on Hrordis in the Halfway Tavern in Pelagiad.  but can't seem to do so without killing her..

also... trying to complete this Navil and Ranes Ienith
25 June 2003

This quest is basically identical to the Thieves Guild quest to kill these two Camonna Tong brothers, so you might have already completed it. Both brothers can be found in the basement of the Dren Plantation Villa, behind two locked doors (Ranes is invisible and will appear behind you once you attack Navil). Be careful, these two and powerful and can be a tough fight, especially with their paralysing daggers. You earn 1000 gold for each of the murders.

There is a possible bug in this quest. If you kill both the brothers but cannot finish the quest when you talk to the Morag Tong guild members, open the console and enter the command:

Journal, MT_WritNavil, 100
This should allow you to finish the quest successfully.
killed one brother... can't find the other. But was attacked by   Orvas Dren:  whom I killed. I would like to free the slaves... but I can't find the key to unlock them.

Also, I have noticed than no spells either those I cast or those on scrolls of frenzy/ control humanoids seem to work now... which is making Morag Tong quests difficult. even after I ramp up my personality points and cast a spell fortifying my illusion skill (Base level 100)

jackstarr

Hmmm...was pretty sure that both Tribunal and Oblivion Anniversary aren't Steam games - at least the retail disc versions of them aren't - or did he just download the games from Steam and put them on a disc for you?

If the NPC is actually wearing the Belt of Sanguine Fleetness, you won't be able to pickpocket it - you can only pickpocket items they aren't actually wearing.  Also, just to discard the obvious - is your sneak icon displaying at the exact moment you pickpocket her?

Luck can also play a part - it's possible to have high skills and fail at something due to bad luck - which is why neglecting your luck skill isn't always a good idea, even though the skill may not seem to do much in everyday play.

I assume you're doing the Morag Tong questline - in which case you're expected to assassinate her in any case.

As for the two brothers - is it Navil Ienthith that you killed?  Ranes isn't scripted to appear until after you attack his brother.  If Ranes isn't appearing, you could try forcing via the console (if you've managed to get the console to work, that is!)

PlaceAtPC "Ranes Ienith",1,1,1

This should place him just in front of you.  Or just type RA into the console to reset all actors back to where they're meant to be.

As for spells - are they not working at all, or just doing very little damage?  Maybe you just need more powerful spells.  You might need to do some new spellmaking :)

The Doctor Alt 8

Spells seem to do nowt at all...
I have luck of 61.... although I have potions that could enhance it....

the game was a sealed new boxed edition of the three games Morrowind with the two expansion packs included. when I tried to install... it said I needed the internet to verify via a steam account... (which said friend STILL HASN@T SORTED OUT see Skyrim question earlier )

I was never told to kill her ...just get the bet. I was hoping to either negotiate or steal...

jackstarr

For the spells - what's your Willpower?  If the spells are failing completely, then maybe try fortifying your willpower, as that governs spell chance success.  Make sure none of your attributes are damaged.

According to the Steam website, there aren't any retail editions of Morrowind that require Steam....so not sure what's going on with your edition!  Are you 100% sure it's Steam?  If it is, there will be an obvious serial number on the box that you would need to enter into your Steam account.

As for the npc - if she won't let you talk to her, and she's wearing the item you want to steal, then you'll have to kill her.  Before you do that though, try a couple of things first:
- Get naked.  Yes.  Take off all your clothes, armor, jewellry etc. and try talking to her again.   Maybe she'll be impressed or shocked enough to want to initiate dialogue.
- Try going invisible (not chameleon).  Try talking to her again.

The Doctor Alt 8

I have willpower of 120.... I have items for that..... :-\

and yes the box has a code...

jackstarr

Hah, so there's a new edition of Morrowind out then :)

Hope you get Steam sorted out...what you'll need to do is to back up your save games (I can talk you through this if you don't know where to find them), uninstall your current version of the game and install the Steam version, then copy your current savegame to the new Steam location.  Sounds complex, but really pretty easy. 

I did this myself not so long ago - had the boxed retail version from 2002, and got fed up having to keep finding the (increasingly scratched) disc each time I wanted to install, so bought the Steam version when it was on sale.  Just copied my save games over, and they worked fine.

What spells do you have?  Do you have enough magicka to cast them?  Have you tried buying or making more powerful (or less powerful) spells?

The Doctor Alt 8

Yes I have a great deal of Magicka...
I have the Mentors Ring and Aeslips Ring so my maximum magicka is 350...
Intelligence 110,

As for spells; ( most of which work just to the human controlling ones don't)

I have every spell a available to buy except those offered to te.ple members as I have not joined )