Main Menu

Prog 1473 - Oi, twat.

Started by Bad Andy, 30 January, 2006, 04:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Second try!http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/50000/images/_51090_sutcliffe.jpg">

Floyd-the-k

you forgot the involvement of Zippy Couriers, and the bear's fight with the Rain Dogs

thrillpowerseeker

Bolt-01

A cracking cover, with four out of five thrills hitting the spot in all sorts of ways.

I REALLY want to like Synnamon, but the script just doesn't do it for me. David Roach is always welcome, but Clayton/Dows script seems a little off. How did Synn go from being a secret superspy to some sort of celeb? Why did the kids recognise her? It doesn't 'feel' right.

Ah well, this is only the first episode. Give it some room, she's been away for a year.

Bolt-01

Pete Wells

Dut David Roach's art on Synamon is bloody lovely. Why couldn't they have saved him for a Dredd... why, why?

Pete.

Dudley

If you haven?t read the Prog, don?t read this thread!

Top Five ? superb to Slaine

Canicallyouacaballistics ? Number one with a gun.  And I retroactively award every other episode of this series first place too.  Of course, next week Jonathan may emerge from under a Tube train, proclaiming ?don?t worry, just a scratch, nothing to see here, now let?s get that rotter Nessy??   But somehow Ah don? TINK so.
The Ten Seconders Droops a little, paradoxically, with the introduction of more shooty-shooty-bang-bang action.  Nevertheless, and hats off to Bad Andy for spotting it, this does indeed contain the top line of the issue.
Judge Dredd: Look No Stereotypes - A man with a name like ?Wagner? is presumably allowed the odd pop at the Hun.  Looking forward to seeing how all the pieces fit together.
Synnamon.  As per usual, it?ll take a second or third re-read to grasp Clayton & Dows? tightly plotted, ultra-dense pages.  I just hope that, as with the first series of Synnamon (and unlike The Clench monstrosity) everything turns out to make sense.  Still like the heroine but it desperately needs the gorgeous art of Laurence Campbell to give it the requisite sense of fun.  Nice cover.
Slaine. Actually picks up a bit this week ? the dialogue improves, anyway ? but is still woefully behind everything else in the prog.  Very relieved to see from Pat Mills? preview over at 2000adreview that this series is taking an extended break after this.

petemaskreplica

Everything's good this week, but it all fades in my mind (even Dredd, which is saying something) compared with what went through my mind when I read Caballistics, namely: Holy fucking shit!!!

Bad Andy

Wahey - WE'RE BACK!

Incidentally anyone else who is suitably impressed by this cover - if not the story whihc I still need explaining - check out the link below

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=covers&page=sketches&Comic=2000AD&choice=1473" target="_blank">How to draw

Bico

The news that Synnamon is back is possibly the one reason that I get out of bed in the morning.

Proudhuff

Grreat issue, except old clunky slaine and the too involved artwork

Super cabfabbylistics all together now
We're down at the tubestation at midnight wooowo!

Well-er Huff

DDT did a job on me

paulvonscott

Well, prog's going well, as it has been all of this year.

No real problem with Synnamon it's just got that Tyranny Rex feel of not knowing where we are or why about it.  Even with all the earth/colony worlds infodump.

Pleased to see my letter wasn't one of the ones Tharg lost, pleased to see it printed, pleased to see it was a star letter, pleased to see Tharg has a sense of humour and sent me out the Sininster Dexter graphic novel Slay per View.

As I got out of the shower to answer the door, and picked up the parcel, images of Case Files and Total War went through my head, maybe a Rogue or Robohunter book, 'ooh' (to quote 'Camp' Rennie from Speakeasy no. 114), what could it be?  

Sinister 'Fucking' Dexter.

Shame Stronts over, ended too soon for me!

Bolt-01

Top Link Bad Andy.

Wake- would it be poss to link things like that feature to the profile page of each prog?

It would be a nifty thing to have a read of without having to trawl for them.

Bolt-01

Wake

Wake- would it be poss to link things like that feature to the profile page of each prog?

How do you think Bad Andy found it?

Cheers,

Wake

Bolt-01

ah.

Bolt-01 skulks away as he's not posted his votes yet...

WoD