Main Menu

What Was the Point of Ula Danser?

Started by Banners, 02 July, 2002, 08:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

So Orlok gets to Sin City and releases the virus thingy himself. What was the point of Ula Danser then?

M@

Matt

She was going to take it on to MC-1. Orlok was just the delivery boy. The main reason for Danser though was to throw us readers off the scent.

Oddboy

Did Orlok really believe that anyone on Sin City would be allowed back into MC1 without severe quaranteen?  His releasing the virus prematurly was a bit foolish, no?
Better set your phaser to stun.

Banners

It was only 'cause of Danser the Judges went to Sin City in the first place, thus now compromising Orlok's plan. Furthermore, it was her, when captured, who alerted Dredd to Orlok's impending arrival!

If she hadn't have been involved, Orlok could have snuck aboard and simply let the virus off and no-one would be any the wiser.

For such an epic, I think Wagner cocked up. She was supposed to be a pivotal character but since Orlok's introduction, she's simply become irrelevant.

A lesson in how to stretch a basic story idea over lots of progs? Either that or she was just another sad excuse to get the titty count up.

M@

Oddboy

Unnecessary, compared to this weeks 13.  That pretty much uses up the years budget for knockers.  So much for not turning 2K into an "Adult" comic.

Banners

Speaking of which, I think I've 'boobed'...

Orlok never intended to go to MC-1 after Sin City, right? Therefore THAT was what Ula was for - to get the poison from Sin City to MC-1!!!

I get it now - duh!

Sorry to doubt you, Mr Wagner!

-whimper whimper, grovel, grovel-

M@

Mudcrab

Ah, but it's realism. A newly created body would naturally be naked so...

Just like that film with the gratuitous nudity. Ah yes, Lifeforce. What a classic!

But which do you think was more gratuitous, the (not quite) full frontal bit at the end, or the barely concealed close up crotch shot on the previous page?

I reckon she could cleanse my planet any day. LOL!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Wake

I think some of your pages are stuck together.

Wake

Oddboy

DavidXBrunt

For a while I was convinced that Danser was Vienna. No, really, I was.

Matt

How did you get to that train of thought?

Devons Daddy

it would be wonderful twist though wouldnt it.
the age would be about right.how did he get that train of thought? hes pre cog maybe, but what great idea.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

DavidXBrunt

It was her age as much as anything else. Then there was the scene early on in Sin City where Guthrie rebukes a judge for getting personally involved with his brothers case. Dramatic foreshadowing, I thought.

Also I've just bought a load of Megazines that cover the period where Anderson discovered that she had been 're-written'. So I though maybe the Sovs had got to her and re-written her mind to get at Dredd.

When I mentioned this to Mr. Whit he pointed out that Viennas guardian was Mrs. Pasternak, which might have been a Sov connection (that name being made most famous by Boris Pasternak author of 'Dr. Zhivago').

So that's why I though of Vienna. But I was wrong. Haven't I learned not to try and out guess John 'Mr. Twister' Wagner?

W. R. Logan

>For a while I was convinced that Danser was Vienna. No, really, I was.

How could she be in two places at once?

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79 Yahoo Group

http://pixy.iwarp.com/uvien1.jpg">

Banners

Who's Vienna? It means nothing to me.

M@