Main Menu

I like the new Look!

Started by The Legendary Shark, 02 February, 2023, 01:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

I note that we still don't have a 'like' button...!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

pauljholden

Works great on iPhone (or at least wpuld but I think the 2000ad menu bar running along the top isn't wrapping on an iPhone size so it's a little less than perfect.

Magnetica

Early days I guess, but I much prefer the old look.

Took me 5 mins to find the login screen- it's really not obvious at all on an iPad.

Funt Solo

Big mug of meh, here. The most useful button - "Active Topics" - has gone away. That makes life worse, not better. Stars being replaced with yellow boxes looks like something's missing.

Hopefully the upgrade will mean that our avatars won't keep disappearing, so that's a potential plus.

Active Topics, though. That was really helpful for tracking.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: nxylas on 02 February, 2023, 06:20:29 PMLike any change, it's going to take a bit of getting used to, but it certainly feels a little more this century. Just because the comic is called 2000AD, it doesn't mean that the forum should look like it was designed then.
Good point. So why doesn't the forum look more like a comic then, eh, with each comment in a speech bubble coming from the avatar in a frame of its own? Strive, guys!  >:D

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 February, 2023, 06:31:16 PMI note that we still don't have a 'like' button...!

{strong agree}

Now there's Goddam worms everywhere.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Woolly

I hope I'm not alone in thinking this new fangled site thingy a bit... ugly.
No lovely artwork adorning the sides, no branding at all really.

Meh.

Magnetica

It just seems harder to see what all the topics are at a glance and which have been updated.

nxylas

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 02 February, 2023, 06:52:10 PMGood point. So why doesn't the forum look more like a comic then, eh, with each comment in a speech bubble coming from
Next order of business is to try and think of an avatar. Something 2000AD-related, but not so obvious that a dozen other people use it.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Richard

Spoiler tags are no longer working.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

We can change our user names again.
You may quote me on that.

JohnW

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 02 February, 2023, 09:35:29 PMWe can change our user names again.

So this is my chance to leave it all behind?
To walk away from John Ware and all his problems? To become someone new?

*Takes phoney passport, unregistered gun, and wad of money out of an old shoebox. Thinks hard.*
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Trooper McFad

I like the changes so far but stop changing names it will become so confusing for those that became confused easily 😳
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Not a fan. Bit 1992. Very... functional and cold, with a lot of empty red and grey.

EDIT: Still, I gets to keep my wee Dalek pic, which is probably 20 years old now.
Lock up your spoons!

WebAdmin

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 February, 2023, 06:31:16 PMI note that we still don't have a 'like' button...!

Would like like button / mention to be enabled ?