Main Menu

Stupid things people have actually said to you.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 18 October, 2004, 07:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

On Facebook:

"Someone I work with wants recommendations for reading for 12-year-old girl, coming up for thirteen, who is going to be spending a long time recovering at home from an accident. Any suggestions?"

The eighth reply: "The Diary of Anne Frank."

:(
STRIKE !!!

shaolin_monkey

I've had some great ones from work colleagues.  One of my faves was when listening to a particularly rousing piece on Classic FM - it might have been Mars from the Planet Suite. One of my colleagues exclaimed 'Here come the baddies!'

:lol:

Satanist

Me : Where's Dave

Them : Visiting his twin sister

A stupid person : Oh are they identical?
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

House of Usher

"What's your background in?"

- anthropology.

"And what are you studying?"

- housing.

"Oh. That's unusual. Well, I suppose anthropods make houses too, after a fashion."
STRIKE !!!

Noisybast

Quote from: House of Usher on 28 May, 2012, 11:32:05 AM
On Facebook:

"Someone I work with wants recommendations for reading for 12-year-old girl, coming up for thirteen, who is going to be spending a long time recovering at home from an accident. Any suggestions?"

Misery?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Pyroxian

A friend of mine broke her wrist quite badly and was laid up in hospital for a few days, and I decided to buy her a Graphic Novel to read - so I (without thinking much), got her 'Bone'...

Richmond Clements

Quote from: House of Usher on 28 May, 2012, 11:32:05 AM
On Facebook:

Well, obviously: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turning-Tiger-Special-Edition-Moore/dp/1926914872

Dandontdare

Me: "so you're going in for your operation as a day-case on the 31st?"
Elderly Irish* gentleman "No - I'm going in on the 30th, they're operating on the 31st and I'm coming home on the 32nd"

I kept a straight face.

*I make no judgement, it's just funnier with the accent

Link Prime

2 for the price of 1 today:

1) My girlfriend- "That Kings of Leon DVD you're looking for is going cheap in HMV". I told her I wasn't really that into the Kings of Leon.  We argued for about half an hour. Turns out she meant 'Sons of Anarchy'.

2) (For Irish boarders only). My sister- "Is Wexford in Wicklow?"

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: House of Usher on 28 May, 2012, 11:43:46 AM
"What's your background in?"

- anthropology.

"And what are you studying?"

- housing.

"Oh. That's unusual. Well, I suppose anthropods make houses too, after a fashion."

I thought your're background was roads.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

Read this on CollegeHumor:

QuoteI work at a popular italian restaurant as a food/kitchen runner. Sucks. A woman ordered a salad. She sent the salad back complaining that the vegetables in the salad were too "crispy and fresh." She asked for us to put it in the microwave with butter.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Frank

During a conversation about old kids' shows: "Yeah, it used to be on after Wes Craven's Newsround".

Dandontdare

Quote from: bikini kill on 29 May, 2012, 06:37:56 PM
During a conversation about old kids' shows: "Yeah, it used to be on after Wes Craven's Newsround".

I would've LOVED to see Wes Craven's Newsround.

Frank

Quote from: Dandontdare on 29 May, 2012, 07:50:44 PM
Quote from: bikini kill on 29 May, 2012, 06:37:56 PM

I would've LOVED to see Wes Craven's Newsround.

It always terrified me when the sleeves of Craven's polyester shirt extended out so far that his metal fingers drew sparks from the walls of the TV studio as he ran towards the camera. That, and reports from Lebanon and Northern Ireland. 

Emp

Actually overheard in work today by someone talking about thier grandchild,

"Jonathan got his hair cut yesterday, he looks so grown up now,"    (harmelss enough you might think)
"Oh What age is he now?"
"Thirteen months,"

Thirteen months!!!!!