Main Menu

Grant Morrison Sale

Started by Link Prime, 28 May, 2012, 10:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Looks like a 5 day Grant Morrison sale just started on Comixology.
All the usual suspects (The Invisibles, JLA, Batman), but I'll be goin for the as yet unread Doom Patrol.

Also, you could pick up WE3 for €2.37.
There shouldn't be an iPad or laptop on earth without that little gem downloaded.

gdwessel

It's mostly incomplete works tho, isn't it? All-Star, JLA, Doom Patrol, all partials.

That said, complete We3, Joe the Barbarian, Vimanarama, Seaguy, yeah, all in for those.

(Also today, Mark Millar/Tommy Lee Edwards' 1985 for 99cents a pop too, I'll go for that)

Link Prime

A lot of partials alright GD, but some complete minis as you point out.
I googled his run on Doom Patrol after buying the 16 issues. Holy sh!t, he was writing that book until issue 63!
I'm actually half glad it wasn't the full run- even at €0.79 an issue, that woulda been a sizeable chunk of change spent.

Satanist

Doom Patrol is SUPERB!

seriously.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

gdwessel

Morrison's Doom Patrol changed my life, but don't bullshit me with partial digital!  :lol:

GordyM

Animal Man is still his best work and I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Legal note: will not actually fight anyone. Just very small people and anyone who's asleep.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Satanist

Quote from: GordyM on 29 May, 2012, 07:12:29 PM

Legal note: will not actually fight anyone. Just very small people and anyone who's asleep.

Right thats it, I'll meet you up the pitches after school and we can sort this out once and for all.

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Satanist on 29 May, 2012, 07:48:58 PM
Quote from: GordyM on 29 May, 2012, 07:12:29 PM

Right thats it, I'll meet you up the pitches after school and we can sort this out once and for all.

Mr GordyM I'll be your second sir.

Link Prime

Doom Patrol is good- really bloody good.
I havent enjoyed a Morrison penned tale as much since Zenith (and maybe JLA 'Rock of Ages').
Now all I gotta do is track down a small fortunes worth of TPBs to finish his run. Gruddamn it.