Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 17 June, 2013, 06:44:20 PM
Can't believe the defence basically boils down to he may be a kiddie-fiddler 13 times over but he's not Jimmy Savile.

There's a disproportionate emphasis on penetration and the use of force in the UK justice system's thinking on criminal sexuality, and Hall avoided both. Next time I'm submitting someone to an ordeal that will scar them for life mentally and emotionally I'll be sure not to come inside them, so I can be out of nick in time for Christmas.

von Boom

I dare you to search Patrick O'Brian in google images.

Satanist

Thats not Sauchie Tower  :o
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Hawkmumbler

You can't talk about social minorities on here, this is a comic book forum!

Goaty

Where did I left my soap box?

Sideshow Bob

What the F*** are we coming to....Watching the News tonight...

Can't believe the 'lenient' sentencing of sexual abuser Stuart Hall......What a shame that he might die in prison if the sentence was longer .......Hope it's at least doubled after the review,  then he should be inside for at least a year or so.....Absolutely no pity for him, only for his victims ..........Arrogant, 'Pervy' Bastard....

And someone please tell me why any 'man' thinks it's ok,  to grab any woman round the throat,  like Satchie did to Nigella Lawson, and then try to pass it off as a 'tiff' and a family argument......Complete F*****g Bastard....

" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

SuperSurfer

My instinct is not to comment on forums about such news items Bob, but: how horrendous for anyone to endure that – and for no one to help. And the arrogance of someone to do that in public. Perhaps crass to make such a comment but I like to think the women and girls we train at karate would have ways of dealing with that.

Sideshow Bob

I would tend to agree with you on that Supersurfer.....and I usually don't comment on these things.....
BUT....
after watching the News tonight, I honestly got so annoyed / frustrated at these not 'untypical' examples of the depths some people 'sink' to, ( with no apparent conscience or remorse )  that I just felt I had to get it off my chest.....

It just gets to the stage where I think.....WTF is going on ??.....Is it me, or is society really going to 'hell in a handbasket' , when this type of incident / behaviour seems to be happening on an amazingly 'regular' basis.??.. ... My daughter is a Policewoman and she repeatedly tells me ' You have no idea just how bad some of it is'...... :o
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Bubba Zebill

Damn right!

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 17 June, 2013, 11:53:29 PM

Can't believe the 'lenient' sentencing of sexual abuser Stuart Hall......What a shame that he might die in prison if the sentence was longer .......Hope it's at least doubled after the review,  then he should be inside for at least a year or so.....Absolutely no pity for him, only for his victims ..........Arrogant, 'Pervy' Bastard....

And someone please tell me why any 'man' thinks it's ok,  to grab any woman round the throat,  like Satchie did to Nigella Lawson, and then try to pass it off as a 'tiff' and a family argument......Complete F*****g Bastard....
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

TordelBack

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 18 June, 2013, 03:46:14 AM...Is it me, or is society really going to 'hell in a handbasket'...

Unfortunately those halcyon days when grown men didn't fuck children or abuse women with seeming impunity and sickening frequency never actually existed - just try to think of any specific decade in history when just as much horror didn't occur.  That said, things need to get a damn sight better soon, and that would be our job.

But maybe this is a bit heavy to tackle directly in Threadjacking, perhaps over in Political or Life Spugs?

So to jack this thing all up in your face: the nice ladies in my daughter's occasional daycare keep trying to send her to actual school in September (she'd still be 3).  It's not going to happen, but do they do this because they alone recognise that she is a precocious super-genius (with impeccable pedigree), or do they hold the more common view that she is an impossible monster that they can't wait to see the back of (with impeccable pedigree)?  You decide.

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 17 June, 2013, 11:53:29 PM

As I said in a tweet of mine... if you see a man grab a woman by the throat... PUT THE CAMERA DOWN and help her...

Me, I'd of punched / kicked him hard in the .... wedding tackle.

And one I'd got home home where I keep my "live " sword....

Proudhuff

Quote from: von Boom on 17 June, 2013, 08:15:03 PM
I dare you to search Patrick O'Brian in google images.

Underware thread anyone
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

That waistband elastic has obviously had it. 

OR

I thought Langley was finished on Slaine?

OR

No wonder everyone thought he had first-hand experience of sailors.

The Doctor Alt 8

Vomit smillie vomit smillie

WE SERIOUSLY NEED A VOMIT SMILLIE....

JOE SOAP

Now we're suckin' diesel...