Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 23 June, 2013, 03:32:15 PM
I think i'm in love. With a vegan sausage alternative.

They're all vegan if you don't swallow.

Hawkmumbler

I find that hard to swallow.

The Doctor Alt 8

Hawkmumbler

Thats not what your mum said last night. :P

TordelBack

Charlie boy

I didn't have half of the problems I now have when it comes to watching television before the switch over to digital occurred. I actually do miss analogue.

The Doctor Alt 8

Since the last digital update last April I have had NO TV signal at all in my room....

Skullmo

Anyone remember 2000ad Review! I loved that site. Who used to run it?
It's a joke. I was joking.

COMMANDO FORCES

I know a person called Gavin Hanly!

Charlie boy

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 24 June, 2013, 01:48:24 AM
Since the last digital update last April I have had NO TV signal at all in my room....
You might- like me- be old enough to remember the good old days when an appliance playing up could be fixed simply by smacking the top of it. I recently received a to the homeowner letter of sorts warning me 4G technology could start messing with my TV but to be fair, most of my channels have been far removed from a decent setting for some weeks and now they've almost gone entirely.

Dandontdare

yes, we got something saying that freeview may have problems when the 4G network kicks in - call the helpline 0808 13 13 800 or see the website https://at800.tv/ - although apparently most of the anticipated problesm haven't materialised.

Charlie boy

Thanks for that, Dan. My TV appears to be working again this morning- though I haven't tried E4, a channel I avoid these days because it pauses that much. I don't know if the problems I had last night/ early this morning were down to the weather or just another example why (for me) this whole digital technology isn't all it's made out to be.

Frank

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 24 June, 2013, 02:31:27 PM
[Anti-Sauchie missiles primed] Did someone say sequel?

Am I the resident film non-lover now SBT's gone? I'm only not bothered about a sequel because sequels are mostly pish. In the case of Dredd, obviously a sequel would be a very good thing for everyone involved, from a financial point of view. Wagner was talking about keeping bees, and we need more bees ... buy the film on bluray for the sake of the bees.

Skullmo

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 24 June, 2013, 03:27:39 AM
I know a person called Gavin Hanly!

That's it. My mind went blank.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Charlie boy

No images on my television once again. To get beyond this frustration, tomorrow I may just-
1. Walk to the nearest Waterstones and purchase Charles Bronson's Solitary Fitness
or
2. Take to living beneath a tree, keeping a journal of my thoughts.