Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Skullmo

I just realised I have no idea what most of those places are without their names :-(
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

'Being double landlocked'.  :lol:

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Spikes

FaceBook says 'beheading' video's are OK  - and one has just popped up on my news feed.....

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Judge Jack on 22 October, 2013, 09:52:36 PM
FaceBook says 'beheading' video's are OK  - and one has just popped up on my news feed.....
Those two Islamic extremists still knocked up (and alive) will be happy.

The Doctor Alt 8

Facebook says beheading videos are OK IF you show it to condemn the action...

von Boom

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 23 October, 2013, 04:28:55 PM

How do you condemn something on Facebook? With a Like button? That's seriously eff'd up.

The Doctor Alt 8

I didn't make the policy. Only reporting what the BBC said last night about it....

Frank

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 23 October, 2013, 04:28:55 PM

FUR-Q

The Doctor Alt 8

von Boom

Dandontdare

I don't care how rare it is - some folk have more money than sense: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-24660920

Charlie boy

Has anybody encountered a False Widow spider yet?
I'm curious because one tabloid newspaper has put them on the front page pretty much without fail for the last few weeks with headlines like SPIDER GOING TO KILL YOU! Until now I'd ignored it, feeling safe because the spiders only seem to be bothering people who buy this particular paper, but I saw them being discussed on the news recently. When asked what to do if you find one of these spiders in your home, the expert basically said "Trap it under a glass and throw it outside." It was far from "Trap it and call the authorities/ run for your life!" I was part expecting.

judda fett

Yeah we have loads in Cardiff by my house and my mums. My mums house backs onto a green area with a shed load of spiders that I'm sure are crossbreeding. There are several different types of false widow in this country. I first became aware of them when I saw a spider that looked like a black widow in a web a lot like a black widow uses. As for them biting you there ate about a dozen or so spiders in the UK that are on record for biting humans such as woodlouse spiders (those red legged/ grey or cream bodied ones), a few of the variant false widows amongst others (not sure the big Tenegria gigantus house spiders are on record as biters though). No one is known to have died from a UK spider bite but I guess its only a matter of time before someone with a severe allergy to spider venom suffers a fatal bite or takes on the proportionate strength and speed of a spider.