Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

I'm a Tapir now. Tapirs are cool.

The Doctor Alt 8

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Curling is really boring, especially when you compare it to all the other high-speed, high-risk-of-icy-death sports the BBC could be covering.

And Claire Balding needs to stop saying "hashtag".
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

judda fett

and cigarettes. Must get round to watching that again.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Mister Pops on 12 February, 2014, 11:23:40 PM
Curling is really boring, especially when you compare it to all the other high-speed, high-risk-of-icy-death sports the BBC could be covering.

I don't know, you can get some pretty nasty burns from those tongs if you forget to switch em off
DDT did a job on me

Frank

Has there ever been a single less accurate statement in the history of the comic? The ramifications of The Apocalypse War have echoed throughout the years (including Dredd's trial in Doomsday), the previous prisoner revolt got a namecheck in Titan recently, and even old Lopez gets a mention now and then. I'm struggling to think of a single reference being made to that time when all the judges ran away because robots were in charge and anarchy reigned on the streets of MC1.

With Mechanismo units and other robot auxiliaries on the streets of the city as part of the long tail of Chaos Day, you'd think it would have brought back bad memories, made cits and judges a little nervous, or struck someone as ironic.

JayzusB.Christ

Don't forget that the Angel Gang are still alive. And Christianity is illegal, and the Justice Dept killed a huge percentage of MC1's children with a missile.  And the devil is in prison in MC1, even though another one came and visited the city and Anderson talked to it and that was it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Also Nero was a weebo.

Theblazeuk

When did they kill the kiddies?

I dimly recall Nero being mentioned in Trifecta, I think. Or at least in one of the Brit Cit crossovers.

Proudhuff

He's recently opened some cafes, which is nice.
DDT did a job on me

Dandontdare

I've just noticed that someone comments on the BBC's news pages under the name WULF STERNHAMMER'S HAPPYSTICK - wonder if it's anyone around here?

I rarely dip into this cesspoool of middle-England whinging myself, but when I do it's under the name HaloJones.  The majority of contributors seem to be very pro-UKIP and anti-immigration, and , bizarrely considering how much time they spend there, anti BBC.

Spikes

A lot of Pigeon poo on my (recently cleaned) car today.

The Doctor Alt 8

The Doctor Alt 8