Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

See also Celtic fans' charming nickname for the red, white, and blue- wearing team from the other side of the city, and their followers.

Zenith 666

Kristofer hivju for sternhammer in strontium dog.

Dandontdare

Quote from: King Pops on 19 September, 2014, 02:54:44 AM

I find that extra funny because the word hun is sometimes used as a derogatory term for the British in certain parts of the Emerald Isle.

Wow - those old war comics must've been REALLY confusing!

von Boom

Gérard Depardieu is my new hero.

Frank

I'd avoided this week's slew of Pizza Express Review Girl tweets because I assumed they were just sneering metropolitan journalists being ironic, but there is something genuinely charming about someone seeing something unremarkable through fresh eyes and without the cynicism of professional food critics:

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/what-s-on/leisure-lifestyle/restaurant-review-my-first-reaction-was-wow-1-6304145

JamesC

I'm no fan of Pizza Express but good for her. I liked that she took her mum.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Proudhuff on 20 September, 2014, 12:08:32 PM
Quote from: von Boom on 19 September, 2014, 09:38:43 PM
Gérard Depardieu is my new hero.

I hope he paid the tax on those.

I hope I never have to sit next to him on a 'plane.

Hawkmumbler

If you ever think your wierd for believing in Aliens, just remember at least your not Billy Meier.

Frank

Doesn't apply so much to us here, whose interests are genuinely marginal, but this makes interesting reading all the same:

QuoteIn a debate on the nature of geek culture at its present juncture published earlier this week, my friend Frederick deBoer wrote what I think is a succinct and important summary of one of the more dismaying trends in cultural conversation today: the inability of people who love what is now the dominant culture to recognize that their interests have gone from marginal to hegemonic.

"My fear is not merely that the geeks will never come to acknowledge their triumph, as comfortable as they are in their self-professed victimhood," deBoer argued. "I fear too that we have come to so thoroughly associate fandom with grievance that the two are now inextricable. That, I suspect, is the long-term consequence of the rise of the geeks: that we no longer know how to enjoy art without enjoying it against others."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2014/09/19/geeks-have-become-their-own-worst-enemies/

Satanist

Quote from: sauchie co-op on 19 September, 2014, 08:20:53 PM

See also Celtic fans' charming nickname for the red, white, and blue- wearing team from the other side of the city, and their followers.

Did you see the state of them in George sq after No win? I would say Hun is polite.

as a side note I couldnae give a toss about either bigoted side and wish they could both fuck off.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

von Boom

She says she wants to be unattractive to men. I bet it doesn't work.

http://boingboing.net/2014/09/22/woman-has-third-breast-implant.html

Frank

Quote from: Satanist on 22 September, 2014, 11:37:38 AM
I couldnae give a toss about either bigoted side and wish they could both fuck off.

If by 'fuck off' you mean drop to a lower division and stay there, the current trajectories of the old firm suggest you may yet see your wish fulfilled.

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 September, 2014, 01:02:51 PM
It's Fresher's Week on the nightshift, which means being the background in uncountable (oxymoronic) selfies. 

I was in town for a drink recently.
It was like being on the set of Damo Ivor and Ivor.

TordelBack

Quote from: Link Prime on 22 September, 2014, 09:38:36 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 18 September, 2014, 01:02:51 PM
It's Fresher's Week on the nightshift, which means being the background in uncountable (oxymoronic) selfies. 

I was in town for a drink recently.
It was like being on the set of Damo Ivor and Ivor.

There is some amusement to be derived from knowing that these charming clowns will, with complete confidence, be telling me what to do in 5 or 6 years.  I feel an Ed Reardon rant coming on. Sheer asininity etc.