Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

human beings are omnivorous and animlas taste nice when grilled.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

TordelBack

Quote from: Grugz on 20 November, 2014, 06:11:52 PM
human beings are omnivorous

Human beings are also fratricidal feckers with bad eyesight, a range of fatal/debilitating parasites, and a tendency to die in childbirth, but we've taken steps to address this over the past number of years.  There'll be no appeals to nature on my watch.

The Legendary Shark

I have taken this serious subject lightly and will continue to do so. I honestly can't get too upset about us slaughtering animals for food and pleasure while we're still slaughtering each other for wealth and power.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Grugz

if we want to balance the whole discussion, we apparently taste like pork cannibals in the guineas calling man "long pig"  I personally think these hippy vegetarians should be banned polluting the atmosphere with the excess methane from veggy farts. ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 20 November, 2014, 06:22:19 PM
I honestly can't get too upset about us slaughtering animals for food and pleasure while we're still slaughtering each other for wealth and power.

And lulz.  Don't forget the lulz.

The Legendary Shark

I don't know what that is :-(
To Google!
Woo-hoo! I learned a new word :-)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

No, the vegetarians and vegans are right.  The rest of us are just lazy and morally lax.
We should have had jet packs, flying cars and cities on the Moon by now, I don't think it's stretching things to say that we could have come up with an alternative to bacon as well.  Although I am actually worse than a fully-committed carnivore, I reckon, as I really like the range and variety of vegetarian food compared to the rather lazy preparation and presentation of meat products (which tends to be "pile it high and apply fire"), but by not committing to a veggie diet I'm taking tofu off the shelves and from the mouths of hippies, thus forcing them to eat something else - probably bacon.

As for not caring about slaughtering animals when we're slaughtering each other - food that could prevent famines goes into making feed for first world animals, so eating meat is basically causing starvation in the third world.  That taste you get from a McDonalds burger that you just can't get in home-cooked meat is the taste of dead baby.

Hawkmumbler

This has been a PSA for 2KAD Forums.

CrazyFoxMachine

The Legendary Shark

We are a miserable shower of feckers sometimes.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 20 November, 2014, 07:29:46 PM
This has been a PSA for 2KAD Forums.
Wow. That was a very mean spirited statement by myself and note at all what I was going for.

Sorry guys.

The Legendary Shark

I thought it was ironic - and funny.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Grugz on 20 November, 2014, 06:39:44 PM
if we want to balance the whole discussion, we apparently taste like pork cannibals in the guineas calling man "long pig"  I personally think these hippy vegetarians should be banned polluting the atmosphere with the excess methane from veggy farts. ;)
I think you will find that the livestock you breed for slaughter fart a lot more than vegans do. So it's your diet that's really causing the stink.

The sustainable production of food for all on the planet is genuinely a political issue and I find it hard to understand how you, Shark, who has such an ability to see beyond the "norms" of society has missed out on seeing such an obvious injustice before your very eyes just because of convenience and pleasure. It actually makes me think less of some of your other arguments that you cannot see this one.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Professor Bear

The Legendary Shark

I can see it, Tips, and I know it's important to a lot of people. It's important to me too but there's only so much spleen in me and this issue is not at the top of my list.
The issues of artificial growth hormone and antibiotic injections now being mandatory, regulations making it all but impossible for private people to own their own cow, pig or sheep for food, the insane distribution of livestock across thousands of unnecessary miles, the economic pressures that encourage Hellish battery farming, animals kept almost constantly pregnant for veal and lamb and suffering the ongoing stress of always having their newborns stolen, the demise of smaller farms - and everything - will all improve when we reclaim our freedoms and dismantle the banking scam.
And why am I so sure about that? Because, when this has happened, people like you will have access to the resources needed to change things for the better. I won't be able to help you with that because by then I'll probably be dead in a ditch with a disgruntled banker's bullet in my face.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]