Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Ace Trucking vs. HAVN Round 2 Heat 14

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 January, 2022, 06:34:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

absolutely loved havn. sumptuous and impressionistic.
and couldn't stand the cb shtick even back in the day while the whole doppelganger thing seemed to go a couple of decades too long.

but belardinelli.

so a score draw.

Huey2

Ace Trucking.
IMHO one of the top ten strips the prog has run.
Any strip that allows Belardinelli the opportunity to go full on Massimo is always going to be a winner but the Wagner/ Grant scripts push it up another level.
Personal favourite: The Evil Blood trilogy. "Strike!" gives us a rare 2000ad story totally driven by the characters and has some great moments because of this. The following tale, with Ace  making his misguided decision, was an effortless switch from comedy ( his final revenge on Jago Kain) to properly heartbreaking. One of 2000Ad's greatest moments in almost 45 years.

Magnetica

I quite liked HAVN but early Ace Trucking is one of 2000AD's greatest ever strips. So it gets my vote easily, even if the later stories were quite poor.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Huey2 on 26 January, 2022, 10:12:20 PM
Personal favourite: The Evil Blood trilogy. "Strike!" gives us a rare 2000ad story totally driven by the characters and has some great moments because of this. The following tale, with Ace  making his misguided decision, was an effortless switch from comedy ( his final revenge on Jago Kain) to properly heartbreaking. One of 2000Ad's greatest moments in almost 45 years.

Ah, see - I needed to hear that. It's always good to be reminded that just because I didn't get on with something, it doesn't mean it wasn't great for someone else.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

ten ten to vote again... well not again, but if you haven't voted yet now is the time to do it as tomorrow I will count up and let you know the result.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well Ace Trucking has managed something even record breaking Skizz and Anderson couldn't, it managed to shut out the opposition. In doing that however a warning shot was fired as a number of folks referenced the way it lost its way as it neared its end. Will that cost it dear as we move on? Time will tell, for now we must celebrate

Ace Trucking

calling Ten Ten Looking for votes again in Round 3