Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Chimpsky’s Law vs. Breathing Space Round 2 Heat 115

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 April, 2022, 06:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Funt Solo

Chimpsky as a supporting act is good - not so much the full series. I mean - it was fine and all - just not really rocking my world.

Breathing Space, on the other hand, was a taught thriller that managed to live in Dredd's world without needing to hang it's hat on existing lore, and without needing to add capes. It's one of those quieter gems.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Errr now look you lot I've made it quite clear which way this should be going and looking at the voting I'm not sure it is. I want you all to have a long hard look at yourselves and come back and vote the way I want on this final day or I might get in a mard...

AlexF

Colin, I'm loving these in-ape-roppriate attempts to sway the vote, and also how often we all ignore you! Electioneering is HARD!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Richard

I'm torn. The two strips are so completely different that I can't compare them. They're both good stories and I like them both. I will abstain.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 28 April, 2022, 09:28:06 AM
Colin, I'm loving these in-ape-roppriate attempts to sway the vote, and also how often we all ignore you! Electioneering is HARD!

And clearly beyond me. I. HATE . YOU. ALL...well clearly except those who voted  the proper way!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 28 April, 2022, 10:48:53 AM
But Colin can always count until the "right" one wins

To misuse a Shellac (of North America) song.

The new number order
1 Million and 1
Sixty-six
1 Billion, twenty-five, seventy-five thousand
1 Billion and eight, six, something
Zero
1 Million 1
Twenty-two
Seventy-five
Chimpsky wins
Eleven
Eleven

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

vote early and vote often.
and then have a breathing space.

and then have a recount.

Funt Solo

I'm pretty sure it's evenly balanced at the moment - so unless there's a change it'll be up to your deciding vote. No doubt you'll ape the sensible voters, otherwise things could get hairy.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 28 April, 2022, 08:44:31 PM
I'm pretty sure it's evenly balanced at the moment - so unless there's a change it'll be up to your deciding vote. No doubt you'll ape the sensible voters, otherwise things could get hairy.

Ha! Great stuff. I try to avoid actual counts ahead of time as it spoils some surpises. So scanning through it looks like Breathing Space has it - but you seem confident (and may have counted)... I mean if it comes to a deciding vote maybe I'll shock folks!

Colin YNWA