Main Menu

Sideshow Vote II: You have been judged

Started by broodblik, 01 August, 2022, 04:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

One-liner here: Whom is you favorite Dark Judge?
-   Death
-   Fire
-   Mortis
-   Fear
-   Whisper
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Funt Solo

Fear - even more so with the new version that's sort-of just the helmet.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Had long since lost interest in the Dark Judges until Dominion and subsequent stories revitalised them. Alongside 'Fall of Deadworld' its reminded us that they don't need to be pantomine villains, they can matter. That said as characters...

I'll go with

Mortis

based on design alone.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

For me, the Dark Judges story should have ended with Necropolis. Nothing since has been worth the space used to print it, and has only served to diminish the charactersas they were. But I understand I'm probably alone in that opinion.

With that said, my favourite expression of the concept has been Kraken. Followed by the version of Death in JD: LotF, who was Dredd from the Death dimension.

SBT

Aaron A Aardvark

Mortis is the one I wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley.

Barrington Boots

It's Fear for me too. He's consistently the most easily defeated of the four, but his design has always been my favourite, and his reworking in the recent Deadworld tales has made him far more chilling and dare I say it, far cooler.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

AlexF

I'm being Captain Obvious here but for me it's Judge Death!
The portcullis helmet, the way he sticks his fingers right through people's chests to squeeze their hearts, and the ectoplasm version that worms its way into people's heads. Always reminded me of the Alien, in that it has two kinda distinct forms that work together to destroy people inside and out...

Also, whisper it, I kinda like the stories where he's being funny, too.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: AlexF on 01 August, 2022, 11:22:42 AM
I'm being Captain Obvious here but for me it's Judge Death!
The portcullis helmet, the way he sticks his fingers right through people's chests to squeeze their hearts, and the ectoplasm version that worms its way into people's heads. Always reminded me of the Alien, in that it has two kinda distinct forms that work together to destroy people inside and out...

Also, whisper it, I kinda like the stories where he's being funny, too.

^All of this^ The OG, Death!

GoGilesGo

Not sure if I have a favourite, but I can answer the Q, 'which I would least like to run into on a dark night?'

Death. I agree with Alex that his MO of hand through chest is pretty fun but the way he shambles around he should be pretty easy to get away from. Average human walking speed is 4mph. Death mopes along at what seems like 2.5mph. Just keep up the steps and he ceases to be a problem.

Mortis. Walking speed as above, but, per Necropolis, don't touch any bannisters.

Fear. Proven dangerous with those mantraps but he only seems to possess two so if you are encountering him at a late stage of his mission you are have the advantage. Plus, we have all seen Clash of the Titans, just don't look directly at him.   

Whisper. His enforced visions can screw with your consciousness but he is also quite indecisive so hopefully he'll lose interest after a few minutes.

Which leaves...

Fire. Not the most talkative of the DJ's which tells me he is super focussed on the job in hand & with that burning trident he has range. The most formidable of them all.

Richard

Kraken if he's eligible, and if he's not then Mortis.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

Delighftul to see votes here for some many of the options!
And if we're talking about 'scariest', for me it's John Ridgway's original drawing of Judges Phobia and Nausea at the end of 'Dead Man' that shook me up the most. He manages to make those insects on Nausea's face look as if they're crawling, even in a still image. Nasty!

But, you know, if I was picking teams on the playground, still plumping for Death as first choice.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Proudhuff

The Dark Judges are a low point in the Prog for me, the y should all be encased in Boing and left.

So a second vote for Sneezy.
DDT did a job on me

Dash Decent

Quote from: gogilesgo on 02 August, 2022, 01:09:04 PM
Fear. Proven dangerous with those mantraps but he only seems to possess two so if you are encountering him at a late stage of his mission you are have the advantage. Plus, we have all seen Clash of the Titans, just don't look directly at him.

Could you defeat Fear by going up against him wearing mirrored aviator sunglasses?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.