Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Stickleback vs. Brink Rd 5 Heat 3

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 August, 2022, 06:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So managed to squeeze in prep and we are straight into Round 5. 32 thrills remain, so at this point there is little use going on about how tough this will now be, how we are going to lose great thrills and how mind melting some of the decisions will become. It's now pretty obvious. That said there is one tie this week which I had as an outside chance of the final... not to be anymore AND I might go into meltdown if we see the end of the done in one story... it's going to be interesting to say the least

Another day another Dabnett thrill. This time one of the thrills that represents his absolute dominance of the comic at the moment. Ian Edginton has his fair share in this Round too; but I guess the question mark over his thrills is when and if they will get a conclusion and if so how long will we have to wait for it? Will that lead to a sticky ending for Stickleback, or has Brink's latest chapter worn folks patience for answers?... also secretly I wish Brink was actually called Hrink or HSD or similar...(see Form Book)

Form book (note none of the remaining thrill appeared in Round 1 - all getting byes; so the form book starts at Round 2)

Stickleback: Harmony; Helltrackers; Hookjaw
Brink: Mercy Heights; Shako; Taxidermist

Stickleback - more info

VS

Brink - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 5th August and the winner gets a place in Round 6 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

errr... Brink.

I thought you said there were going to be tough decisions this Round, Colin? :):)

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

abelardsnazz

IndigoPrime

Aaron A Aardvark

I liked everything about Stickleback but Brink is Brink.

Brink.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Magnetica

Timothy

You see I love Stickleback to bits. It's one of the thrills that drew me back to the Prog and D'Israeli's art is the best he has ever done. But against Brink? It doesn't stand a chance.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 02 August, 2022, 08:07:13 AM
I thought you said there were going to be tough decisions this Round, Colin? :):)

Bad Company vs Red Seas is killin' me!

rogue69

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

stickleback

a homage to halo jones is obviously a good thing. but, y'know, the original is still best.

Timothy

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 02 August, 2022, 10:51:21 AM
stickleback

a homage to halo jones is obviously a good thing. but, y'know, the original is still best.

Are you sure you're not thinking of The Out?