Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Lawless vs. Thistlebone Rd 5 Heat 9

Started by Colin YNWA, 08 August, 2022, 06:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Round 5 was always going to be a quickie and in two weeks we are done. I'm thinking maybe next round we'll go to one a day to give us more time to luxuriate (or for me to prep whatever's next if I'm honest, not had to think about that for some time!) Anyway not much else to say except a week of more bastard hard choices!

Hate this one! I adore Lawless and I've not been afraid to say for me it would challenge for top spot...but at the cost of Thistlebone - damn! I think Thistlebone, alongside Brink and a couple of others have continued to stretch wonderfully what we think of as a 2000ad story. I feel both are utterly at home in the Prog and yet both feel so different to what's gone before. But... well Lawless is pure, refined, hyper-charged Thrillpower...

Form book (note none of the remaining thrill appeared in Round 1 - all getting byes; so the form book starts at Round 2)

Lawless: Samizdat Squad; Chimpsky's Law; Mazeworld
Thistlebone: Tempest; Invasion; Chopper

Lawless - more info

VS

Thistlebone - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 11th August and the winner gets a place in Round 6 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Magnetica

rogue69

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

NapalmKev

I like Lawless a lot but Thistlebone really is Gold!

Thistlebone!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

abelardsnazz

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Blue Cactus

AlexF

Sorely tempted to vote Thistlebone for the art - but then Phil Winslade has been killing it on every single episode of Lawless, and that adds up to a LOT of pages at this point.

Lawless hasn't quite been perfect on a story level but that's no slight after so many series, and the vibe of it is super consistent and delightful. Of course, the vibe is THE thing on Thistlebone, and the best thing about that terffici, horrific thrill.

Not an easy choice, but I'm going Lawless. Although I will say that i do want the story to end at some point. Can't imagine how Dabnett will construct a fitting ending, but I want one, and want it to be good!

sintec

Ahh such a shame to have to loose either of these both great thrills with superb art. Vote has to be Lawless much as I hate to see Thistlebone go down.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.