Main Menu

Sore Feet

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 02 April, 2016, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

After visiting my father today because it was cheaper to not buy train ticket (I only had a dollar to my name at the time & I know that sounds awful, only because I wanted to avoid letting him see how lazy I got with getting the new house together!) from the railway station I ended up at this morning. I was only one other station away from the station I must alight from in order to travel the shortest distance to this house. Since my feet that had got remarkably sore after a night spent mostly walking around town. The station that is closest is the next one after above mentioned one is closest to where I used to live & I could just about walk from one house to the other without using public transportation. Since it's a fully maned station with those ticket gate barriers. I wasn't going to try & slip through them & station security. Which is kind of embarrassing considering I was once a railway porter (I.E. Ticket Collector/Shunt Assistant!) myself. Anyway, it's not that I hate my dad, it's just that I was really thinking about avoiding the awkwardness that always arises between us. Yet, I decided to pay a visit back home for once in what must be almost two or three months since I left. The house was now looking much better than it did, the interior that is! Since my father must have been very busy with the sorting out and shifting of furniture. Except for the fact there is now where for me to recline or sleep anymore.

Continued Later...

Grugz

"continued later"...is this gonna be one of those flash Gordon type things?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

ThryllSeekyr

This was almost going to a reply of the My Awesome Millennium Falcon Build Thread! when I realised that I was being mostly off topic & doing so in a big way anytime before I was getting to the more topical part. So I CutnPasted what I was writing & started a new thread/topic here.

Now to conclude what I was writing....

Except for the fact, there is now nowhere for me to recline or sleep anymore at dad's house. So, I just slept on the floor of the lounge room for few hours. I half-slept, because I heard the front door. Some lady came here to return my wallet.  If you ever recall me talking about a Hobbit wallet. That was the one. She found me cause I had my Centre-Link concession card in it. They're like a big unemployment agency & this card's get me half price on more public transports & the movies. Not that I found her that interesting, she said something to me about finding this in a park by the riverside almost between that suburb and the town. In fact this river runs through the town between the old & new shopping mall.  Her kids found it in the water-park. It's not really a water-park, but it does have water flowing over some blocks there. It's strange how far my wallet travelled by itself after it must have fallen out of my pocket while I was resting in some large metal cage that was three storey's high. Just walk in through the entrance & go up the stairs & then the ladder. Each storey gets smaller as you get higher. Like the metal framework of a pyramid. I thought I might have lost the wallet there, because I emptied the contents of my knapsack once I got up there.

Otherwise, I don't know how lost the wallet because it was in one zip up pockets of the sleeveless woollen jacket I was wearing. I never recalled taking the wallet out. So, it was lucky I didn't lose my keys the same way. I was thinking some invisable squirrel monkeys had picked my pocket as I was lying there. No one else was around. So it was quiet, except for the traffic. When I climbed out of the thing about a hour or two later. I had no idea of the time, wasn't carrying my watch, which was useless, since I couldn't get the right time on it!

I didn't notice the loss or theft until I had crossed the river over the main road bridge, since the foot bridge was most properly locked. As it was only acessable through the shelter/multi-level parking station of the old town mall. Which means the escalator leading down to the car park area that is acessable from the street itself was locked as well.

I passed the new shopping mall on the other side which is only accessible via a balcony in front of the new gymnasium. Which also leads to it's own ground level/underground car park & adjoining walk way on the bottom that connects with the rest of esplanade that eventually leads to the main concourse of the shopping mall. Along the way, you would encounter the movie theatre, some restaurants like Montezuma's, over less well known eatery's, cafe's, a bait n tackle shop that were having a late night sausage sizzle & a ice cream parlour, before entering some arcade with a chemist, massage parlour (No not Brothel!), Hairdresser, Antique-furniture store, Chemist, Internet café, before come out on intersection of more shops, eatery's. One of them one of those places where everything is cheaper than usual. Before crossing close off and rarely used railroad track that the whole shopping centre was built around. In actual fact, this was once the original site the Railroad Work-Shops where my Grand-father was a fore-man. Some what in the area of bogeys' on box-cars. They still use the track for special occasions. Rail-way tours......& this lead to the main shopping mall concourse which indoors. The food court with a lot of the well known fast food eateries are here surrounding the seating area with some small fast food outlets like Wendy's Hotdogs, (Or something like that.) Like the MacDonalds & Kentucky Fried Chicken right
at the other end and facing each other across more seating area. There are really only food places that don't have the amount of franchise those other two already have. Except for the Subway sandwichs or rolls & part of my diet since the early 90's when we were lead to believe that they had the very first expansion of that particular franchise run by some above middle aged Canadian Couple who I mistook for the creators of that franchise as well. There was some bad blood over between that store (& perhaps all of them!) one of my old school friends who was also a flat mate of mine (I was sharing a house with four old high school friends at the time!) when I had later found out that he got drunk (Which is normal for this person!) & entered there shop late one night up the road where we had lived in a large two storey house near a well known inner city suburb close to the city. Which was also near this other well known shopping complex that had been around much longer than the other place I was writing about above. This place had a long history of my family taking me there when I was younger, from my primary to high school years. Since I left school just over 27 years earlier, It had been renovated, expanded, with the addition of multiplex cinema, food court & video-game arcade which became a regular hang out for us when were living nearby. Since year 2000, they had done more work on the place & the video game arcade was moved then removed all together. The food court was expanded upon with the addition of authentic English pub called the Pig N Whistle which I had only ever had one beer at the whole time it's been put there. Since then, the décor had been changed again to something that is more Art-Deco (Got that word from playing that game about the underwater city...forget the name?) now. It's lost the charm it once had that can only be possessed of those old-English or Irish pubs that have been places that aren't really parts of the City. The older parts of this shopping complex are really dated now, since they removed the fancy indoor water fountain. That was right at the other end of the place, next to the old Myers store which was on two levels. Where I had purchased the mis-packaged Bard's Tale game labelled as Destiny-Knight (Official sequel to the first game in that series!) only possessing the core-game disk for it. While the starter & subsequent dungeons disk. There is another story behind that. That particular store looks just as ancient as well & that area that once had the water fountain. Reminds of the domed inner city from Logan's Run. Which was filmed inside another American inner-city shopping centre back in the day.

Probably not quite like that so much, at least I remember nobody dressed in those colourful togas.

Anyway, returning to a previous tangent where I was writing about a flat-mate of mine & to incident where he turned up one of these Subway sandwich shop late night when they might have been closed or just on closing. They weren't amused when he asked for the time or a sandwich with some drink or what ever. All I knew about this was that this friend of mine gave me a dirty look after seeing that I held a sandwich in each hand both of them of them a SubWay foot-long to which he almost growled at me. I later found out he was asked to leave & the rest is really sensitive information I shouldn't share on a public forum like this. All you need to know is that from what I heard of the story, no body was hurt or killed.

Now, I know my story here hard spun around onto turn other tangents before this one. Perhaps you'd
like to let me know which one if you still interested in this topic.

The Legendary Shark

I hope you thanked the kind lady for returning your wallet.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 03 April, 2016, 05:16:26 AM
I hope you thanked the kind lady for returning your wallet.

Yep, & that's all she gave me

Hawkmumbler

ThryllSeekyr

Are you sure your not putting that in the wrong place?

Pun intended