Last post by Proudhuff - Today at 02:42:39 PM

In space no-one can hear Henry whine!
Suggestions / Re: Judge Dredd TV series
Last post by The Legendary Shark - Today at 02:09:26 PM

I didn't think so.

Off Topic / Re: RIPs
Last post by rogue69 - Today at 01:58:28 PM
Rock'n'Roll pioneer guitarist Duane Eddy has died aged 86
Games / Re: Judge Dredd Miniatures Gam...
Last post by Trooper McFad - Today at 01:53:21 PM
Another great and enjoyable play through- keep up the good work 👍🏻
Suggestions / Re: Judge Dredd TV series
Last post by judgeurko - Today at 01:51:20 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 01 May, 2024, 02:35:30 PM
Quote from: judgeurko on 01 May, 2024, 12:32:58 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 30 April, 2024, 05:43:57 PMAnd hoover bags.

Incorrect. Hoover bags are placed in a vacuum cleaner they don't exist there.

Are you saying that as soon as a hoover bag (the product) is placed inside a vacuum cleaner, the bag ceases to exist? If this were true, no hoover bag would ever fill up with dust because it wouldn't be there while the closed-up vacuum cleaner was running. However, hoover bags do get full of dust and fluff, therefore they do exist inside the vacuum. QED.

No. I am not saying that.
Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 01:44:18 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 May, 2024, 11:08:50 AMColin: I've been reading through hundreds of Panini Marvel reprints that cover the 2000s, and figuring out which I want to keep. Turns out, the answer is 'none of them', including the mostly strong Mighty World of Marvel. However, I have used them (and 'temporary' ownership of the first 60 volumes of the original Hachette Marvel collection) to govern some deluxe/omni purchases, most of which are relatively standalone own nature. I really enjoyed:

I've got a few of these I kinda randomly picked up and must crack them open as they make for great try out material and can be picked up for bobbins.

I didn't get on with The Visions - which surprises me as I love the other King stuff I've read. Similarly the Slott Allred Silver Surfer didn't work for me, much as I love Allred's art.

Ms Marvel is another one I must get around to trying at some point.
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 01:41:08 PM
Quote from: Doomlord66 on Today at 01:03:55 PMNow I'm just left with my extensive Batman collection which will be a harder wrench. I have a 1940's Batman comic, a good many Batman and Detective from the 1960's and straight runs of both from 1970's and 80's. It would involve a lot of work to grade and document these and I don't have the time or inclination yet. Apologies for going a bit off topic.

There will never be a need to apologise for talking about any comics here. I mean the one who drifted into Usagi Yojimbo talk way ahead of time hint hint).

Wow! That sounds like a really impressive Batman collection, really impressive. Which are your fav runs. I have two more Batman runs still to appear here. Nothing as exciting as is in your collection I imagine.

It would be well worth organising as there may well be some decent value there (as I suspect you know) so even if its just for insurance purposes at least listing would be a good idea I reckon. I use a cateloguing app to track my collection. That's as much so I have good record of what has passed through my collection, as its quite an active thing. I've hit space limits and so any as I get new stuff, older stuff has to go. I'm currently in a bit of a paradigm shift in my tastes (as this thread will start to reveal I suspect) and so there's a LOT of that going on at the moment.

All of which is a very long winded way of saying part of what I love about collecting is the ongoing cateloguing, sorting and rearranging of shelves. I sometimes wonder if I enjoy that as much as reading them! I'm still a librarian at heart I guess.

Quote from: Marbles on 02 May, 2024, 12:46:52 PMBTW Fatale is coming out as a single issue softback Compendium collection at the end of July (656 pages of Brubaker/Phillips goodness for £36 via awesomebooks). Hope their other stuff will be released in a similar format :)

Also meant to say things for the heads up on this one. I've added it to my list of go to places (alongside Speedy Hen) before I go to amazon. Nice one.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on Today at 01:03:17 PMHa! I mean, there are still copies in the channel, so it's not like you need to buy it tomorrow. But if you start to see it vanish from various stores, I wouldn't hang about too long. When that happened last time, it was years until a reprint happened, and the set went for silly money on eBay. (There are the paperback trades as well, of course, although I've no idea how easy – or not – they are to source these days.)

Yeah having dome a little watch of Near Mint Conditions review (should have done that before pestering you fine folks) it looks lovely and a good size for a comfortable (well in the boundaries of at least) read. The only question is how long after the 18th (payday) will I last? I got Usagi Yojimbo Saga Volume 5 this month as I'm trying to make sure I get all of them before the start to disappear (same for Giant Days Library Editions).

Quote from: AlexF on Today at 11:47:55 AMYou've totally sold me on 'Kill or be Killed' there!

Nice - hope you love it. 
Last post by Doomlord66 - Today at 01:03:55 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 May, 2024, 11:14:39 AMKill Or Be Killed: I thought that was great and it was the series that really got be into the whole Brubaker/Phillips thing. I'm now... probably a bit obsessive. Note quite a completist, but I've bought Pulp and the entire run of Reckless. Some other one-shots. All of Criminal (which I assume from "in which I bemoaned them only appearing once more" isn't in this list?), Fatale and Velvet. The Fade Out is missing, mostly because it's so bloody expensive on the second-hand market.

I've had KOBK for a while now and so far I've had 2 attempts at reading it all but on both occasions I've had to put it down (mainly because I read at night and get too sleepy) and then when I've picked it up again I've had to restart. It is very good and I must make a more concerted effort to read it right through to the end. I also have Criminal to read and thanks to Indigoprime mentioning the titles of other work by Brubaker & Phillips, I've now added The Fade Out, Pulp & Fatale.

In my older years, I find I'm moving away from the main superhero comics of Marvel & DC. I'm now more into this type of story or stories that have different takes on the superhero story. (I think someone else may has also said this?).
I used to be a huge fan of Marvel and DC and collected loads of comics up to about 2001, then family and children meant I didn't have the funds. In fact I had to sell off quite a bit but still kept my Spiderman and Batman collection as those were my faves. Just recently sold off the Spiderman ones now, (wow, those early McFarlane issues fetched nice prices. If only I'd realised when I was buying them monthly at cover price, I'd have stocked up!).
Now I'm just left with my extensive Batman collection which will be a harder wrench. I have a 1940's Batman comic, a good many Batman and Detective from the 1960's and straight runs of both from 1970's and 80's. It would involve a lot of work to grade and document these and I don't have the time or inclination yet. Apologies for going a bit off topic.

Anyway if anyone else has recommendations for comics or graphic novels like KOBK or ones that have a different take on the superhero story I'd be interested although I think I have most of them at the moment. Maybe I should start a new thread?
Last post by IndigoPrime - Today at 01:03:17 PM
Ha! I mean, there are still copies in the channel, so it's not like you need to buy it tomorrow. But if you start to see it vanish from various stores, I wouldn't hang about too long. When that happened last time, it was years until a reprint happened, and the set went for silly money on eBay. (There are the paperback trades as well, of course, although I've no idea how easy – or not – they are to source these days.)
General / Re: Forthcoming Thrills - 2024
Last post by broodblik - Today at 12:45:47 PM
Also starting in prog 2382:

The Horror begins May 15th @2000AD. Bring your big boy pants...