Main Menu

Doctor Who - Series 10 (Spoilers)

Started by Taryn Tailz, 16 April, 2017, 01:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRocka

I'm all up for the next doctor being Beyoncé. Imagine the clumps of irate fanboy hair that'll litter the nations' living room floors.
Never ever bloody anything ever

Andy Lambert

Perhaps "LGBT movement" is the new "gay agenda"...

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: DrRocka on 17 May, 2017, 08:53:44 AM
I'm all up for the next doctor being Beyoncé. Imagine the clumps of irate fanboy hair that'll litter the nations' living room floors.
Only slightly more plausable than Harry Styles as Slaine.

Doesn't mean I dont like the idea though!

dweezil2

Quote from: DrRocka on 17 May, 2017, 08:53:44 AM

"'If you liked it, then you should have put a ring of Akhaten on it."
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

dweezil2

It's sad that it seems that just as Capaldi is finding his mojo, he's set to leave.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

IndigoPrime

Quote from: DrRocka on 17 May, 2017, 08:53:44 AMI'm all up for the next doctor being Beyoncé.
Oddly, the main reason I wouldn't be happy about that has nothing to do with gender or race – I'd feel a bit weird about the Doctor being American!

Quote from: dweezil2 on 17 May, 2017, 09:12:17 AMIt's sad that it seems that just as Capaldi is finding his mojo, he's set to leave.
At least he's seemingly going out on a high. But, yeah, I'd happily watch another couple of seasons of this Doctor/companion combo. Ah well.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I'm confused as to what an "advert for the LGBT movement" might hope to achieve that would in any way be something we may not like. Oh, unless the advert would convince straight, cisgendered folk to experiment with their sexuality, of course! And we wouldn't want that, would we? We wouldn't want MORE LGBT people, or people to be given the courage to come out.
We wouldn't want a TV show to give people ideas.
SBT

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 17 May, 2017, 02:56:41 AM
It's a bit like an advert for the LGBT movement.

Ahh, yes... the 'gay Dredd' kerfuffle. I remember why I put you on ignore in the first place.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 May, 2017, 01:24:12 PM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 17 May, 2017, 09:12:17 AMIt's sad that it seems that just as Capaldi is finding his mojo, he's set to leave.
At least he's seemingly going out on a high. But, yeah, I'd happily watch another couple of seasons of this Doctor/companion combo. Ah well.

Genuinely the best Doctor / Companion combo of the Nu-Who era.
As mentioned unthread, the sparse usage of Nardole has worked out great.

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 May, 2017, 10:09:05 PM
It's a bit like an advert for the LGBT movement.

Ahh, yes... the 'gay Dredd' kerfuffle. I remember why I put you on ignore in the first place.

Didn't work very well then did it.   I can't remember what I said about Dredd (or if I said anything at all) but I should imagine that I pointed out that a gay Dredd probably wouldn't go down to well.   And I'd imagine that the overwhelming majority of Dredd fans would agree with that.   And that don't mean they're homophobic either.   

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: M.I.K. on 17 May, 2017, 04:13:13 AM
I usually watch Nu Who though I'm not a big fan of it.   Especially when they shove characters like Missy in it and all this Timelords can now change gender bollocks.    It's a bit like an advert for the LGBT movement.

I don't think an unhinged alien psychopath who wants to destroy all human life is a particularly good advert for the LGBT movement...

The reason I say that is because gender stuff is all over the news lately.   It seems like every other day there's stories about gender neutral toilets, schools having boys wear skirts to school, films replacing previously male characters with female characters etc, etc.   

It's everywhere and very noticable and no doubt it's at the very politically correct BBC too.   The LGBT stuff started with Russell T. Davies and has pretty much been prominent in the show ever since.   I'm not against LGBT characters in the show but when they start changing characters like the Masters gender then it becomes annoying.   If they ever cast a female as the Doctor then I hope the show disappears up it's own arse. 

I, Cosh

Wow. I always thought Dr Who was a lot of made up rubbish but now it seems I really have gone back in time.
We never really die.

Steve Green

Dredd turned into a werewolf once.

I guess that was pandering to the lycanthrope movement, the hairy bastards.

Andy B

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 18 May, 2017, 02:24:29 AM
The LGBT stuff started with Russell T. Davies and has pretty much been prominent in the show ever since.   

I guess you haven't seen 'The Happiness Patrol'...

For somebody who isn't against LGBT characters in the show, you talk about it a lot.

That said, does an alien life form transforming into a different sex by a process* that also transforms height, hair colour, accent and, on one occasion, clothes, really have much to do with 'LGBT'? I don't think that's how it works in real life.

I'm enjoying this series, but it's all getting a bit repetitive. Walking corpses in spacesuits? Nice, but we've seen it before, and that's far from the only example this year. So count me in for a female Doctor: good way to freshen the show up.

* a process that somebody made up in the pub

Hawkmumbler

The Daily Mail comments section has infected the forum! Nuke us from orbit, only way to be sure!

On topic, Space Zombies. Yeah, another ace episode. 5 for 5 so far.