Main Menu

Dane Dare Blow!

Started by wrighty47, 10 February, 2006, 04:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrighty47

Downthetubes.net are reproting that the Dan Dare books have been put on hold whilst the publishers, Titan Books reassess the releases. Apparantly poor sales are to blame.

What a tragedy if this line is discontnued. Titan really have done these books proud, giving us glorious, HC colour releases. I just hope that a household name like Dan not selling, doesn't also indicate a similar decision is on the cards for the rest of the British comics they've been collecting (Charley's War, Steel Claw, The Spider, Modesty Blaise, James Bond, and any new ones they had planned).

Like I said, a real shame!  :(

Alan!

wrighty47

And his Cousin Dan's books are in trouble too!

Can I blame a dyslexic keyboard!?  :)

Alan!

Steve Green

I thought it was another Mohammed cartoon thread for a moment.

- Steve

Grant Goggans

There was an all-too-brief thread on The Comics Journal's message board last month noting that there haven't been any new Titan solicitations in some time, as well.  :-(

--Grant

Lord Running Clam

It will be a real shame if Dan Dare isn't carried on as the quality of the collections and the stories are fantastic.

The same goes for the rest of the releases.

DavidXBrunt

Absolutley right. A blinding series of releases that deserve more sucess. If you've not tired them go out and buy The Red Moon Mystery today. And then apologise personally to Dan for not being there when he needed you.

Lobo Baggins

And then apologise personally to Dan for not being there when he needed you.

He's on his way to Cryptos at the moment...

Ordered the Steel Claw, The Spider and the two Operation Saturn books that I need to fill the gaps in my Hawk Book collection, though.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.