Main Menu

Is this It For Ghostbusters Two....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 19 February, 2016, 10:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Bevan Bell recut the trailer. Even cutting out the best bit, it's a vast improvement. Reminds me of the international/Japanese Dredd trailers in terms of shifting focus.

TordelBack

See, that is better. But worryingly it's mostly better because it cuts out almost all the extended humour sequences from the real trailer, and specifically anything involving Leslie Jones.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 05 March, 2016, 10:54:58 AM
Bevan Bell recut the trailer. Even cutting out the best bit, it's a vast improvement. Reminds me of the international/Japanese Dredd trailers in terms of shifting focus.

Much better trailer. The first trailer looked a bit mediocre and the SFX effects appeared pretty ropey. There was quite a lot of hostility towards this version anyway already on the Net and I'm sorry to say the first trailer certainly didn't have enough ammunition to nullify its detractors but it's just the first video promo and July is quite a long way off. Let's hope Ghostbuster doesn't end up being this Summer's 'Gods of Egypt' currently being denounced by that Film's own makers.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

ThryllSeekyr

New G-Gender-Swapped-B's - Trailer featuring some the return of old American junk food icon. Another diabetic nightmare.

Ghost MacRoth

Recut the trailer all they like...it still looks a dog of a film.  I don't say that because of gender, or being a remake, or anything other than it looks AWFUL. I'd love to be surprised, but I expect to be proven correct unfortunately.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Michael Knight

when I heard about his I was like no way would I pay to see it, and whilst I still have major reservations I am however rather intrigued to see what they do with it. Confession = I might actually nip in to see what it all about

Colin YNWA

I quite liked the first trailer and enjoyed that one more. Tempted by this remakes... well whatever it is.

TordelBack

Yeah, that was better, certainly.  The cast seemed more cohesive and funny, the ghost FX less resolutely crap. It also seemed more definite about bring a remake, rather than a quasi-sequel, which uncertainty really hacked me off in the first trailer.

Who knows, maybe..?

Ghost MacRoth

Hang on though....it's still the same film!  Yes, they recut the trailer....but that's just the TRAILER.  The film will not change....don't forget that.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The trailer isn't great, but it's just a trailer. I've seen arsom* trailers for shit movies and shit trailers for arsom movies. The most offputting thing is the SJW Vs. MRA: Dawn of Shitstorm coverage.

*Whatever happened to Cyberleader 2000? I hope he found love and happiness and that's why he left.
You may quote me on that.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Missed the edit.

The other offputting thing is its a Paul Feig Movie featuring Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy.

I didn't enjoy Bridesmaids all that much.

It leaned too heavily on crude humour and featured a selfish, immature protagonist who negatively impacted everyone they met. A protagonist that only found love and happiness because the love interest was incredibly naive and forgiving.

It was basically a gender-swapped Adam Sandler movie.
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 19 May, 2016, 01:52:34 AM
Hang on though....it's still the same film!  Yes, they recut the trailer....but that's just the TRAILER.  The film will not change....don't forget that.

But I haven't seen the film. All I have to go on are the trailers. And this one looks better than its dismal predecessor.

shaolin_monkey

Anyone remember the trailer for Star Trek V?  It looked AWESOME!!!  Then it turned out that all the best bits were in the trailer and the rest was utter shite.

I won't even mention the trailer for Dredd. 

The point being there's no way of knowing what the film is going to be like from a trailer.

Also, this film seems like excellent sci-fi/fantasy fare - ghosts, proton packs, techno-traps - surely we should be celebrating the fact films like this are being made?

I really don't give a shit if they're male, female, gay, straight, transvestite or transsexual.  They're busting ghosts!!!  That's what matters.

I'm going to see this film, and I'm taking my three daughters too.  All of us love the original, and we're really excited to see how it pans out.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 19 May, 2016, 01:52:34 AM
Yes. So the film may be good and worth a watch as it was only the trailer they fucked up first time.

Also, I thought it was pretty normal to release a trailer before all the FX, editing and post production stuff is finished so the film actually will have changed but I have no idea what I'm on about.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 18 May, 2016, 05:42:29 PM
New G-Gender-Swapped-B's - Trailer featuring some the return of old American junk food icon. Another diabetic nightmare.
Genuinely don't understand why you haven't been banned from this forum. It can't just be an allowance for your country's general backwards attitude towards social change as other Australians seem able to accept this.

Perhaps it's a flaw in my character but I'm neither as intelligent, empathetic or tolerant as some other boarders. Please just fuck off and never post again until you are able to grasp the fact that women are autonomous people with their own hopes and dreams and desires which do not include you.
We never really die.