Main Menu

“Truth? You can't handle the truth!”

Started by The Legendary Shark, 18 March, 2011, 06:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogzilla

we're martians,we fucked up the planet came here for a fresh start then fucked it up again.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

The Legendary Shark

Dammit -  I wish I could have done a screen grab on that "badly photoshopped image" because now it's been replaced. My suspicion is that the posted web image was displayed in error, before the smudged layer had been texturized and flattened. Of course, now I'm just a nut because I can't prove anything - I tried photographing segments of the blurred image off my Kindle with my 'phone but the results were disappointing.

As to the question of current life on Mars, check out the intriguing movements spotted by Ron Bennett.

Given Mars' apparently cold, dry and inhospitable environment, any surface dwelling life would, to my mind, be likely to have a tough external shell or carapace to conserve heat and moisture and - given the way nature works on Earth - many would appear camoflaged. They would look like small rocks, stones and bits of gravel.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

[quote Of course, now I'm just a nut because I can't prove anything [/quote]

A Justice Department Psyche Unit has been dispatched to your residence, Citizen Shark. Remain in your home and fear not. Help is on it's way.

Dandontdare

conflicting advice about whether/when we should change all our passwords because of the Heartbleed bug - and lots of suspicions that it was created by the NSA as a 'backdoor' into encrypted websites. Certainly plausible, but I doubt we'll eve be able to prove it (or at least not for a while - these things always come out eventually)

Hoagy

I'm not really amused at John Wagner closing an issue with, " Well you're on welfare, therefore you have no right to tell anyone what to do with money." Har de har?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

TordelBack

Quote from: Hoagy on 10 April, 2014, 09:41:15 PM
I'm not really amused at John Wagner closing an issue with, " Well you're on welfare, therefore you have no right to tell anyone what to do with money." Har de har?

John Wagner's putting himself in the strip now?

The Legendary Shark

Isn't that just "satire"? No need to be offended. In the words of St Howard Beale, "first, you gotta' get mad!"

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

I've been enjoying Richard C. Hoagland's work recently. I'm currently reading his book "Dark Mission: The Secret History of NASA" by himself and Mike Barra and it's a fascinating read. Even if you discount everything the book says about the mathematics and geometry displayed in the construction of the Cydonian monuments on Mars, the understanding of which led to the idea that the entire ancient ruin was an alien mathematical message pointing to hyperdimensional physics, a hitherto fringe area of theoretical research concerning torsion fields as the fifth dimension, leading to the possibility of limitless free energy and instantaneous hyperdimensional effects, with "proof" in the form of hexagonal impact craters (the "shadow" of hyperdimensional combined tetrahedron shaped fifth dimension energy fields frozen in 4d spacetime) and the hexagonal storm at Saturn's pole, and the importance of latitude 19.47° (wherin lies Jupiter's Great Red Spot, Saturn's Great White Spot, mystery upwellings on Neptune, the active volcanoes of Hawaii and the majority of major sunspots), the assassination of JFK and Christ knows what else (I haven't finished it yet), I have to say that it's a cracking story. It's like an Arthur C Clark novel written from the inside out.

If you Google for it you'll find a free pdf of it soon enough. Very entertaining!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

O Lucky Stevie!

It might worth bearing in mind that this is the very same man who maintains that it was he --not Carl Sagan-- who originally came up with the idea of Pioneer 10 plaque.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

The Legendary Shark

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. His presentations on Youtube are entertaining, though - especially the presentation he gave to the UN in the late 90s.

Worth watching.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

The Pentagon has a space plane. www.rt.com/usa/195476-mysterious-space-plane-landing/
Wasn't NASA shut down recently due to lack of money? Nice to know that when science runs out of funding they'll still be able to beg for cargo space off the military.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Ancient Otter

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 13 October, 2014, 05:39:44 PM
The Pentagon has a space plane. www.rt.com/usa/195476-mysterious-space-plane-landing/
Wasn't NASA shut down recently due to lack of money? Nice to know that when science runs out of funding they'll still be able to beg for cargo space off the military.

They didn't beg, but they were given a major donation recently by an American secret service - 2012 National Reconnaissance Office space telescope donation to NASA

Spikes

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 April, 2014, 10:34:13 AM
Dammit -  I wish I could have done a screen grab on that "badly photoshopped image" because now it's been replaced. My suspicion is that the posted web image was displayed in error, before the smudged layer had been texturized and flattened. Of course, now I'm just a nut because I can't prove anything - I tried photographing segments of the blurred image off my Kindle with my 'phone but the results were disappointing.

And a dammit from me as well - Ive just spent a fair bit of time looking at that link on your previous post, and no amount of enlarging, or rotating, or squinting revealed any ramps, ruins, railway lines, or waving little green men. Least i'm no longer cursing your name under my breath, Sharky!

The Legendary Shark

Now, why on Earth would the NRO have orbital telescopes better than Hubble? They'd be useless for looking at Earth because of the focal lengths and angles and whatnot. That's why they never point Hubble at the moon, it's too close to get a sharp image.
I seem to remember that the NRO located the Mars Polar Lander after NASA "lost" it but the space.com article seems to have vanished.
Just what kind of "recon" are those boys doing?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

I swear it Spikes, that image was changed and the original was littered with anomalies - like really ancient bits of machinery and such. I think you can still make out an "iron bar" in there somewhere, if I recall. I really wish I could have screen-grabbed that. Hm... I wonder if anyone else did? To Google!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]