Spoilers > Other Reviews

Predator vs Dredd vs Aliens

<< < (2/8) > >>

Frank:

--- Quote from: Bat King on 06 October, 2014, 09:35:43 PM ---Well yes to John Wagner the stories are corporate tie-in stories that have to fit both the Dredd & the paired movie. So I imagine it was a grind for him. The result though I found fun.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, it was fun and Flint is fantastic. It uses the monster in MC1 template I've enjoyed on other Dredd strips, I just thought it was too long. That's what The Verminators and Mr Bones are there for, isn't it; to string things out beyond Dredd-finds-Gigermonsters/Dredd-punches-Gigermonsters. The broad arc of the story wouldn't really have played out any differently if they hadn't been there.

I thought Andy Diggle was probably there to save Wagner reading up on Aliens lore, and they certainly make more use of the acid for blood angle than I remember the films doing. The potency of Alien blood seems further towards the red end of the PH paper than it was previously, mind - would one alien's splatter really have been able to burn a crater-sized hole all the way through the sked and the foundations that support the entire city?

HdE:
I remember this was billed with thee tag line 'and other stories'.

Already owning the Aliens book, and having a dog eared copy of the Predator crossover, I'm wondering what else is in here?

Dash Decent:
I liked the confrontation scene where the Judges suffer splashback damage as a consequence of trying to take down the Alien in a warehouse.  I thought it was a logical given what we were told about their 'acid blood' in the movies, and it seemed true-to-form in terms of humans reacting to a new threat.

Good use of a road flare too, if I remember rightly.

My son was only little when I first read this and seeing the Alien brooding over the baby in the crib was quite chilling for me at the time.

The art can only be described as Flintastic!

Dash Decent:

--- Quote from: HdE on 07 October, 2014, 12:30:46 AM ---I remember this was billed with thee tag line 'and other stories'.

Already owning the Aliens book, and having a dog eared copy of the Predator crossover, I'm wondering what else is in here?

--- End quote ---

Nothing, according to the review at Bat King's blog (mentioned above):

The wording on the cover is slightly odd ‘Incubus and other stories’ There are only two stories reprinted here. Incubus is an alternative name for Judge Dredd vs Aliens.

HdE:
Well,that's a danged shame.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version