Main Menu

Sleeze ‘N’ Ryder - Digital Edition

Started by broodblik, 06 January, 2022, 06:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Nostalgia is a weird thing you always remember something much better than it really is or it is case when you where age X you loved something, but you are now age Y and the same love is just gone. Now here we are Sleeze 'N' Ryder something I read in my youth and how can I put it; it is not good at all. Ennis and Percival some off my favorite people in the comic industry but maybe this is more a case study in how creators have evolved grown and mature. So overall give this a wide miss – sorry two of my favorite creators but it is what it is.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

I know exactly what you mean. There's something in the buddy-biker aspect though, and something in Pericval's super-dayglo art, that always makes me think fondly of the strip Totallly agree, as soon as I actually READ the thing it's almost entirely awful.