2000 AD > General

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Brink vs. Taxidermist Rd 4 Heat 5

(1/5) > >>

Colin YNWA:
Well we’ll start Round 4 with no gush of excitement. No giddy anticipation of the tough, enthralling ties to come. Instead to really fire up those juices with a service announcement! Turn around is so fast I’ve not been mixing up these thread openers the way I intended and just kept rattling on with the same ol’ format (for the posts the comp ain’t changing). I had plans and maybe next round but for now, well if it ain’t broke and all that… what and EXPLOSION into Round 4 hey!

Will the modern classic give a stuffing to the grandmaster? Interesting contrast in thrills here, with very different tones, but both showing superb craft.

Form book:

Brink - Bye; Mercy Heights; Shako
Lawless - Bye; Maelstrom; Dry Run

Brink - more info

Vs

Taxidermist - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 9th July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need ‘um and can be bothered to follow ‘um there’s some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik:
Brink

Aaron A Aardvark:
Ouch. Tge Taxidermist is sublime for what it is but Brink just seems more important.

Brink

SmallBlueThing(Reborn):
Should we just skip to the Brink vs Stront final?

I jest.

Brink.

SBT

AlexF:
It's funny, this round. Heat after Heat of thrills where i like/love both entries, and I assumed I'd have a tough time voting but it's really not. Taxidermist is GREAT. Brink is better.

(although I don't think we'll get anything out of Brink with quite the same impact as Olympic staring, and Kurtis has yet to land upon a catchphrase as memorable as 'Tsk!')

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version